$20 radar serial number

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by veryberry917, Dec 2, 2022.

1. veryberry917

veryberry917 Active Member

I found a radar serial number almost a solid in change that I was handed at a store the other day and thought I would share. Don't know if anyone collects this kind of serial number.
    Fun find!

Attached Files:

IrishLuck, Cazador, JPD3 and 9 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Nice Radar. Not in the best condition though.
    The answer is yes. People do collect them.
    Thanks for sharing.

veryberry917 likes this.
  4. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

The OP’s note, edited and rotated.

A50A5312-D5D5-44F3-B8A7-34B8DD8B2891.jpeg AC61E8A1-DE58-423D-982D-94D14A3319EE.jpeg

5. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

yup, nice radar, like Paddy said: not the best condition.

Ad, nope, I don't collect them, so I have no idea of value

veryberry917 likes this.
  6. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

A definite Radar not but a shame on all those folds. There will be some value above $20.00 but it will be low due to its condition. If I found it myself I’d keep it but I wouldn’t spend extra for it. If you decide to press or iron it flat, that will lower the value more. Please leave as is.

veryberry917 likes this.
  7. veryberry917

@Collecting Nut thank you for that info, I thought about doing that and glad I didn't. When I saw it I was hoping it was all 2's but still a good one and lower in the number range.

Collecting Nut likes this.
  8. veryberry917

SteveInTampa likes this.
  9. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

Nice radar note and like others, I'd hang onto it, "just because."

Thanks @SteveInTampa for helping my old eyes, and stiff neck. LOL

veryberry917 likes this.
  10. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

Too bad about the creases as it is a special serial.

veryberry917 likes this.
  11. veryberry917

@Michael K yeah.... it was handed to me that way unfortunately.

12. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

@veryberry917 With paper money condition is everything. You can’t make it any better but you can make it worse. :)

Glad to hear your leaving it as is.

veryberry917 likes this.
  13. AustinJ0324

AustinJ0324 Well-Known Member

Very cool find! This is definitely a keeper IMO. Maybe not much value. But the note still looks to be of EPQ quality (and I’d say a 30-35 on grade). As long as you have the corners, no tears or stains, it should be fine for EPQ. Collecting Nut is correct, you shouldn’t do any pressing of the note. This will make the note soft by feel and flatten the engraving. Experienced graders will be able to pick up on that almost every time.

veryberry917 likes this.
  14. veryberry917

@AustinJ0324 thank you for that information and my mind said, make it less foldy and my gut said "nnnnnnooooooooooo do not take any sort of iron, steamer, water or anything to that bill!!!!" then it was confirmed by all of you here that my gut was correct. Yes, this is one of the few pieces I am keeping, just because it is SO cool and because of this coin collection adventure, I was also reading and learning about serial numbers. I got change in a store a couple days ago and it is a tipping kind of place, but before cash tips go in the jar, I told the guy, I'm going to sit here for a minute, I need to look at these bill serial numbers and both sides of the bill. He responded "oh you're one of those people, cool, one of our guys in the back does the same things and he's teaching me about this stuff." I responded "great, let him know one of your customers recently found a really cool radar, all 2's except the middle 2 numbers, which are 3's." He said he would, he knew what a radar is and agreed the number sequence was really neat. I have learned more about currency in the last couple months, than I ever would have in my lifetime, I feel like. I was of no interest to me, for myself, but I am happy to be learning and silly thing is the world coins and the unique things are what's keeping me interested.
    I just hope that some day super soon, I can get the special ones into the hands of someone that will appreciate them and then cash the rest.
    It has been interesting to say the least!

Draft saved Draft deleted