$20 Gaudens, Liberty Head, and $5 Indian

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by EasyE418, Jul 5, 2015.

1. EasyE418

EasyE418 Ca$h Money collector

All,

I have two Gaudens

1907 MS63 PCGS $1575

1923 MS63 PCGS $1399

One Liberty Head:

1900 MS63+ PCGS $1750

And

1909-D $5 Indian Head ACG MS 62 $525

Am I overvaluing these coins or is the gold market dead?

I feel like I am missing something..... Or I am insane

Thanks for the help as usual

Cheers

swamp yankee likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

Gold is not selling as well as it used too.

swamp yankee likes this.
  4. EasyE418

That's what I'm seeing clearly now lol.

I thought those prices were extremely conservative.

5. OxJaw

OxJaw Senior Member

You're staring prices seem reasonable to me. Two things I would suggest is see if you could get better pictures. Not to be harsh, (I know photos of gold aren't easy) but the other auctions for coins similar to yours looked much better in their pictures. Your pictures of your 1907 the whole slab pictures look a lot better to me than the large pictures of just the coin, which is strange because they look they could be the same picture just different size, maybe you edited the blown up one to much, I don't know.

Second would be free shipping, even if you bump the price up. People seem to love free shipping. It always helped in my auctions.

6. EasyE418

Yeah... I won't make excuses.. my pictures of gold stink! I will try to snap better ones. Also, good point about free shipping.

7. EasyE418

Eeek.... just got a quote back from a Dealer.... $1250 for each Gauden, $1500 for the 1900, and $450 for the $5 Indian.

Since these are cash values, I guess it's not THAT bad unless I get hit with tax on the sale.

8. jmccarty

jmccarty Active Member

As your foot note says, Ca$h Money Collector. Does tax become an issue for the average collector that does not sell very often? (that anyone knows?)

9. NSP

NSP Well-Known Member

If the prices in your original post are retail prices, then I don't think the dealer's quote is too bad (provided you're not losing money at those prices). That said, I'd still be tempted to sit on them a little longer and see if gold improves any.

10. jmccarty

jmccarty Active Member

I can answer my own question, if you sell at a loss, guess it would not interest the tax man!

11. EasyE418

Touchy subject around here..... So I'm gonna plug it.

"You should report all income generated on sales to the IRS no matter what amount of money".

As for getting 1099s, PayPal will send you one when you exceed $20k AND 200 payments (sales).

I'll let you read between the lines.

They are conservative numbers based on what dealers are selling them for on eBay. I try to be the lowest price/highest value out there.

Majority of my big value coins were bought 15-20 years ago. I don't have the receipts but when it comes out to a net cost, I have made bundles of money.

NSP likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted