$20 Error???

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Big Bucks, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Oldhoopster

Oldhoopster Member of the ANA since 1982

This and they're all from different print runs are the keys to telling it's not an error. We've all made bad buys .Sometimes that's the cost of learning

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. coloradobryan

coloradobryan Well-Known Member

That was what i was trying to get at, no way it is an error.

4. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

Why would the copier lock up? Does it have a brain and it knows you are trying to
    copy money instead of a photo of something else?
    As for the local coin auction I would go to whoever was running the auction and tell them you were cheated.

5. lettow

lettow Senior Member

6. Dave M

Dave M Francophiliac

If anyone's interested in the CDS and Omron security, I wrote this up after some research on them describing how they are used on banknotes and how they interact with scanners, photocopy machines, and their software. I think it is correct, but must say I still have folks insist that the scanner itself implements the security, where I have not found that to be true on the scanners I've tested (one HP, two Epson).

http://www.frenchbanknotes.com/articles/CDS.php

7. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

If your goal is to copy/photos of money, why would you use the newest technology where that is not possible? Plenty of older copiers that don't have that software.

8. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

The counterfeit detection programs in modern copiers/scanners is relatively new, and will not allow copies of any note larger than a deuce.
    There are old copiers/scanners that do not have that program and will let you copy any US note. I have one.

9. Dave M

Dave M Francophiliac

... and as I always reply, it is my understanding, and I've tested a couple newer Epson scanners, that it is not the scanner, but the scanner's software driver that's implementing CDS and keeping you from scanning. ViewScan is a great piece of scanning software that does not implement CDS, and I'd be real curious as to whether anyone's used it on one of these scanners that folks think will not scan newer money and had it continue to fail to scan.

Draft saved Draft deleted