$20 Consecutive Bills

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by saucejon1983, Aug 26, 2012.

1. saucejon1983

saucejon1983 New Member

Hey everyone,

So I went to the ATM today and I got out some cash. I got a whole stack of consecutive number bills. I collect coins and I really don't know much about paper money.

They are $20 bills.

1 set is 20 bills of consecutive numbers
    1 set is 11 bills of consecutive numbers (would be 12 nills, but McDonalds got in the way)

I know some people like these new crisp bills, just didn't know if I could stand a chance at selling them or if i should just spend them. Thank you all in advance for your thoughts and input.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. coinguy-matthew

coinguy-matthew Ike Crazy

I think its all going to depend on the year of printing and the serial numbers you received, without that information we cannot be sure of anything.....

CaptainMK and NOS like this.
  4. Heated Lime

Heated Lime Member

Spend em. I brought in 5 consecutive star notes that i found in uncirculated condition to a couple of my LCS and they both said that they are only really worth face value. If they have a odd or low serial number though then i would keep them

CaptainMK likes this.
  5. coinguy-matthew

Whatever you do, do not spend them until you look at the date and the serial number. If i got 5 consecutive star note twenty dollar bills i would certainly not spend them because notes IMHO seem to gain a premium much faster than coins....

6. saucejon1983

saucejon1983 New Member

This is a picture of 1 of the bills I got at the begining of the 20 number set

SAM_0182.jpg

This set runs to number JL27204083E

The other set of consecutive numbers is JL27204630E to JL27204640E

Thank you guys for the information. I've seen people on ebay selling sets of 5 consecutive $20 for $150 and just thought maybe I could turn a little proffit on these and was checking into it.

7. coinguy-matthew

I dont think these would bring a premium not yet anyway, i could be wrong but they are looking like spenders might want to wait for some of the other paper collectors I only know the very basics....

8. funkee

funkee Tender, Legal

They're spenders.

It might gain a little bit of value in 10 years... but to tie up that much cash for 10 years is silly to me.

9. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

Over $600 in consecutive modern stars? I couldn't spend that fast enough, probably on a nice VF20 1899 $5 Chief SC or maybe a 1901 $10 Buffalo in F12-15. That's money that will appreciate and be appreciated...

10. Jrr

Jrr New Member

I currently came across 20/$100 US bills. They are all crisp and clean. Uncirculated except to me. They are 2009A, serial numbers start at LF 35819390 C. Start at 71.Any advice as to value or hold time to create value. Merry Christmas to all, I think were finally allowed to say that. Look forward to any responses thank you.

11. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

If there is nothing special or unique there spenders !

12. Facevalue

Facevalue Active Member

probably about 50 years and they might be worth $105- $110 each

BigTomato likes this.
  13. CamaroDMD

CamaroDMD [Insert Clever Title] Supporter

i agree with the others. These are spenders.

14. Jason Gonzalez

Jason Gonzalez New Member

15. Jason Gonzalez

Jason Gonzalez New Member

coinguy are in the business of buying coins?

16. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

Consecutive numbers in them selves do not normally demand a premium, there
    Really needs to be something special other then that to increase the value.

17. Russell Vigil

Russell Vigil New Member

I have 2 consecutive more rare low serial numbers 2013 $20 star note. 1st MG00315483 AND MG00315484 uncirculated any idea what they could be worth.

18. CamaroDMD

CamaroDMD [Insert Clever Title] Supporter

Honestly, they are really only worth face value. Those notes are so new they are easy to find in gem condition. Also, most collectors won't consider a note with two leading zeroes to be a low serial.

19. Numbers

Numbers Senior Member

Eh...they *are* from a short run of 640,000, though. And that run (like most short runs) was used as sheet replacements, so it isn't found in the form of full star straps. Usually these two factors are enough to create some premium for uncirculated notes....

20. Van Vincent

Van Vincent New Member

I have a 2013 series $1 bill with a fancy serial number 227 22756 is it of any value. I also have a fancy serial number super low serial number 000002 0 1 is that one of any value somebody please let me know and thank you very much

21. Ashlee Caldwell

Ashlee Caldwell New Member

I have some new crisp 2017 $20 star notes serial numbers starts with NK10387309* and ends with NK10387320* but when I look it up by the serial numbers it says no matches found, why does it say this?

Draft saved Draft deleted