20,070 Ancient Coin Discussions

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by ancient coin hunter, Dec 14, 2019.

1. ancient coin hunter

ancient coin hunter 3rd Century Usurper

I just noticed that CTers have passed the 20,000 mark in the ancients section. Pretty darn impressive. Left the World Coin guys/gals in the dust.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. panzerman

panzerman Well-Known Member

Right on! Although I also post on the World section.

ancient coin hunter likes this.
  4. SeptimusT

SeptimusT Well-Known Member

5. panzerman

panzerman Well-Known Member

I even post US coins;)

6. medoraman

medoraman Supporter! Supporter

Yeah, its been a ride. We were pretty sleepy over here for a while after I joined, but one day a bunch of rowdy folks arrived like @Bing and we have been off to the races ever since. :)

7. ValiantKnight

ValiantKnight Well-Known Member

Here’s an artist’s recreation of that event, in the very distant past of early 2013 :D

A6817AE4-399E-4A56-A86D-BA181ED55432.jpeg

8. ancient coin hunter

I do have some world coins, largely from Hong Kong and SE Asia, with a few European thrown in. Mostly they were given to me by my Dad who accumulated them while serving as a U.S. Naval officer. Also have piles of paper money of Viet Nam from the war period. (He spent a year's tour in Viet Nam in the riverine Navy).

9. Cucumbor

Cucumbor Well-Known Member

I joined in 2005, the ancient section did'nt even exist back then, and posting ancient seemed very weird in that US coins forest.
    Now it seems to be one of the most vivid section all around, and pretty sure the most friendly :D

Q

FitzNigel likes this.
  10. ancient coin hunter

I don't follow U.S. coins at all. I did once get a buffalo nickel in some spare change from some retail outlet.

Draft saved Draft deleted