2 x $1 Bills found in circulation uncut...Is this rare?

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by CTdigger, Dec 5, 2016.

1. CTdigger

CTdigger New Member

Hello guys,

This is my first post of and I'm looking for input on 2 x $1 Bill's that I received as change years ago. I never looked into whether it could be worth anything, but am curious. I know its $2 minimum, but have no clue if can fetch $100+
    I will attach 2 photos below and would love to hear input from the community and learn about bills such as mine.

I appreciate it!

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

This isn't my area of expertise, but you can purchase bills in sheets.
    What you have looks like someone used some book binding glue on the edges to make it like a checkbook.

Eaglefawn and Blissskr like this.
  4. Blissskr

Blissskr Well-Known Member

Are you sure they are uncut? Like @Clawcoins stated they look like they were glued together to make a tear away dollar pad?

Dollarsavr, Eaglefawn and Kentucky like this.
  5. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

I have numerous pads of political bills made for a joke. A company makes them and they look just like this. You have what I would call PPD or Post Printing Damage.

Kentucky likes this.
  6. Dollarsavr

Dollarsavr Question everything...

I have a check book style set of 50 consecutive 1988a $1 Star notes which are attached. Mine are attached at the far left end, not the top like yours... I thought that they were don as a novelty because they have a "Happy Birthday" message on the hardbound cover.

edited

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2016
  7. Dollarsavr

PS They are not glued. They used something like rubbercement (I think)...

8. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

No
    Don't you wish :sour:

9. NOS

NOS Former Coin Hoarder

Please post a quality picture or two of the whole thing. Also, please enable private messages/"conversations".

10. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

Ditto on that most likely joined together with some sort of glue ;(

11. silverman987

silverman987 Member

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2016
    Paul M. likes this.
  12. David Setree Rare Coins

David Setree Rare Coins Well-Known Member

Those are glued packs. I make them now and again just for kicks. Most people no longer even smile when you peel off a few so I stopped and moved on to other gags.

SteveInTampa likes this.
  13. Eaglefawn

Eaglefawn Active Member

From the mint in uncut sheets the serial #'s begin with 99 and the last 2 #'s are different by 10 #'s ... these end in the #'s 5720 & 5721 which are consecutive #'s, 2 bills from an uncut sheet would end in 5720 and 5730 or 5710 & 5720.

Have to agree with the other members rubber glued together from a gag pad. Neat tho.

14. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

I agree with @David Setree Rare Coins , and disagree with the idea that uncut sheets come from the mint. ALL US paper currency is produced by the Bureau of Engraving and Printing (BEP). The US Mint produces our coins. Not all modern sheets start with 99 any more either. I just bought a series 2013 $2 sheet and all the serial numbers start with 98, and the serial number skip on sheets is not 10. You can read more facts about sheets here; http://www.uspapermoney.info/general/uncut.html

Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
    Dollarsavr likes this.
  15. Eaglefawn

Eaglefawn Active Member

@Stevein
    You're absolutely right the BEP does cash, guess I was thinking too fast but not!
    Tx for the link guess a lot of things have changed at the BEP I went by what I own from them...:eggface:

SteveInTampa likes this.
  16. Dollarsavr

Back in the 1993 series, some $1 FRN sheets started with 992xxxxx and then in series 2001 there were sheets like this; I9841xxxxA...

17. Dollarsavr

I only have a scanner and they do NOT scan well SORRY!

18. Dollarsavr

Well, after my last post, I went into my file and pulled the item in discussion. Scan/photo of "Happy 50th Birthday Stu Grabiner" cover is available upon PM email request.
    However, I was mistaken about them being star-notes. They are all 1988a (in sequence) Sn E62319551G thru E62319599G. AND, the reason that I kept them was that many are Error-notes with dark green ink smears on the left side-reverse!
    I would attempt to scan them, but to do so would require that I open the check-book and lay them flat onto the scanner, which would cause damage, so I will not do it... Sorry

19. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

take a picture of it ?

NOS likes this.
  20. Dollarsavr

I have a .jpg scan of it, but do not know how to post it here....

21. Dollarsavr

This is a test of my skills. I am trying to attach my scan for all to see... Novelty $1.jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted