2 Toned Morgan dollars. Thoughts

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Mainebill, Aug 3, 2022.

1. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

If the toning is growing it becomes what will it become. Today these coins look great. In time, if the colors are getting darker and stronger, they will probably turn black and that’s not good.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

So dump it off on some poor slob before it's too late? I get it, all toning is terminal, and some goes faster than others. I'll not get into those environmental factors, but this is dumping off a coin because you know from observation it's on a fast track to end-stage black. I'd at least want to pass that observation onto any winning bidder before I took their PayPal, I'm saying. If, as you said, it's the reason I'm dumping it, I'm disclosing I know it's going quick.

4. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

You’re on the wrong race track.

Mainebill likes this.
  5. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

Nice looking Morgans MaineBill.
    I would have a hard time getting rid of them if I didn't need the money.

CircCam likes this.
  6. jtlee321

jtlee321 Well-Known Member

Gorgeous Morgan Dollars! I missed this thread, but as @ddddd said in the beginning, that would be my recommendations. I have a toner that I am on the fence of moving or not. I could use the capital and buy more coins to add to the collection. Just not sure what to do either. I'm worried about missing a good market to sell into.

Mainebill and ddddd like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted