2 Questions for Roll Seearchers

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by model77, Mar 8, 2012.

1. model77

model77 Silver Stacker

Hello just wondering,

1. do you cold call or is it important to just pop in if you want to pick up any of the good stuff?

2. When running bank to bank to you leave your car running? I feel like I am tearing my car up. I've never been one to leave the engine running if I am not in the car though. I suppose a bank parking lot would be the last place to break into a car with all the cameras that must be around. I have a key fob so I could still lock it.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Merc Crazy

Merc Crazy Bumbling numismatic fool

Don't cold call. I've never had much luck finding caches while cold-calling.

I do not leave my car running... you wanna get it stolen and/or broken into? Most crimes are crimes of opportunity... people don't think, they just do it.

4. Hellofthenorth

Hellofthenorth New Member

With the price of gas, and all the crazy people in this world....Shut the engine down. Sometime it takes tellers 15 minutes to get my boxes from the vault. They know the drill, I come at the same time on the same day each week.

The only time I typically call the bank is if I don't have a need or time to go there. They let me place orders over the phone at a couple branches I frequent.

How many of you have banks phone numbers saved as contacts in your phone? I have several so I can call before to make sure the boxes arrived and sometimes they even take them out of the vault and they are waiting when I get there....SWEET. Hand them the cash and I'm out.
    HOTN

5. daship

daship Member

North,

Good idea. I have a few email addresses of tellers, but no numbers in my phone (I have emailed from my phone though!) I have a few "structured" orders based around when my banks get their coins (usually once a week).

I just email them by end of business on Tuesday, if I am picking up on Thursday, for example. A lot of times the tellers have business cards sitting out, I ask them if they mind if I take one and email my next order. They have always been pretty cool.

Draft saved Draft deleted