2 of our favorites

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Poolplayer2, Jan 23, 2019.

1. Poolplayer2

Poolplayer2 Member

Not sure if they need to be graded? So any suggestions? 20190123_134555.jpg 20190123_134640.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

If they are meaningful to you then yes. Slab them to insure they are protected for the next generation of your family to enjoy. If you are grading to sell then no.

Poolplayer2 likes this.
  4. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

5. Poolplayer2

Poolplayer2 Member

Is definitely for family and generations to come. Way too much to learn to even think about selling. I am having the best time with my granddaughter and the coins do we come up with, we want to make sure that the descriptions are correct. And it's thanks to you all for giving us that. And yes I will definitely have to invest in that book thank you so much

6. Oldhoopster

Oldhoopster Member of the ANA since 1982

Having a coin graded by a good TPG is going to cost you roughly $30-$75 per coin (depends on where you send it, how many coins in the order, how fast you want it, etc. There are lots of variables in the price). It is generally not cost effective to spend the money unless it's worth a min of $100-200.

IMO, your coins don't appear to have any significant numismatic value above silver content, so from a financial standpoint, it doesn't make sense. I also think the current holders you have are fine for protecting the coins, so there is no need to send them out.

In addition to the grading guide, I strongly recommend buying a Redbook if your don't already have one

[​IMG]

Poolplayer2 likes this.
  7. Poolplayer2

Poolplayer2 Member

Thank you so much! The main thing to me is leaving them things to remember. . Descriptions are amazing whether it is a mint error or not penny that gets scraped up or a quater that gets scraped up if you put the description on that so that they understand. Believe me we Will never keep all that we find, but a couple junk pennies and the description is good. As for the half dollars by no means will it ever pay for their collage, but will remember all they did with grandma. So thank you!

Randy Abercrombie likes this.
  8. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Just protect them in an airtight holder.

Poolplayer2 and Razz like this.
  9. Razz

Razz Critical Thinker

Yep just keep them like you have them in the airtites! No need to do anything other than store them in a Tupperware type container and if you live in a high humidity place put some desicants (is that a word ?) in the container.

Poolplayer2 likes this.
  10. Poolplayer2

Poolplayer2 Member

Yes is a word...one that I understand!! High humidity no...alot of snow yes! Thank you!

11. Poolplayer2

Poolplayer2 Member

Thank you ALL so much for ALL the help means alot. I feel fortunate enough to meet great people who take the time to help.

Collecting Nut likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted