2 new United States coins, check out!

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by Mukremin, Apr 1, 2010.

1. Mukremin

Mukremin Junior Member

hey i recieved these 2 coins today, i payed a total of 2 euros for both. Is it a good buy? i made some pictures, hope you can identify,grade and give a value to it. thanks

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. se-collectibles

se-collectibles Collector Extraordinaire

Looks like a fair buy. Both usually sell for about USD$1 each, the dime maybe a bit more depending on the price of silver.

4. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

Nice! A little more detail would help on the pics :)

5. Mukremin

Mukremin Junior Member

its the best i can do, its a bit better when you click on the pictures. Not perfect but good for grading i think?

6. Duke Kavanaugh

Duke Kavanaugh The Big Coin Hunter

Congradualations

7. shariqkhan

shariqkhan Junior Member

8. FreezerBurn

FreezerBurn Member

2 Euros is about $2.70 USD. A good price and very nice pictures of the Mercury Dime. They are one of my favorite US coins.

9. Mukremin

Mukremin Junior Member

yeah... they are very attractive, want to buy more.grr

10. FreezerBurn

FreezerBurn Member

I have to laugh. I am not accustomed to thinking of US coins as World coins too. Narrow-minded American me. :eek:

11. Mukremin

Mukremin Junior Member

be proud :D everyone should...

12. boxerchip

boxerchip Runnin' Buffalo

Nice pickup! PS- just give in and buy more... one of the only hobbies you can indulge in 100% and recover 100% of your actual investment in the hobby... and if things go well, and you buy smart you could do better than 100%... imagine that, fun and profit all in one... I <3 coins :p

13. Coinman1974

Coinman1974 Research, Research, Research

Very nice buy! Do you have A Guide Book of United States Coins by R.S. Yeoman, aka "The Red Book?" if not buy one, there usually got for about $12.00-$14.00 USD. This way you will have a better understand of U.S. Coin prices. If you want check out Ebay, there are a ton of them on there.

Regards,
    Stan

14. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

G-4 on the Liberty nickel

VF-20 on the mercury dime

Nice pickup...:)

15. LewR

LewR Junior Member

I could cry when I think of 10 cents - put in the bank for 68 years at 4% - would yield 1.50 dollars - and you say it is worth only a dollar as a collectable?

Oh well ...

16. Mukremin

Mukremin Junior Member

thanks for the feedback, i will try my best to expand my US coin collection. I bought another liberty and a coin with indian head. ill post them here soon. will search that book also, thanks again

17. CheetahCats

CheetahCats Colonial & Early American

I concur. Nice buy!

18. jamesmorgans10

jamesmorgans10 Junior Member

Buy the best looking coins you see at the cheapest price u can get them for.

Draft saved Draft deleted