2 free ANACS grading submissions

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by jwitten, Jun 17, 2015.

1. McBlzr

McBlzr Sr Professional Collector

I just sent 2 coins worth less than $100 each, First class padded bubble envelope, with tracking.

TopcatCoin likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

I usually don't even do insurance.. but with 2 gold coins, I thought I better. If I was sending 5+ gold, I probably would have done registered.

TopcatCoin likes this.
  4. One more quick question: Two coins are free but do you have to send in 3 additional coins to meet the 5 coin min for Economy? Thanks!

5. jwitten

I believe these are in the 15 day tier, not economy tier, so no 5 coin limit.

TopcatCoin likes this.
  6. Thanks!

jwitten likes this.
  7. H8_modern

H8_modern Attracted to small round-ish art

Just sent mine off today. Really torn because of the perception of Anacs but like their last promotion, I sent in more than the 2 freebies. 4 total at the minimum return shipping cost so just the two additional grading fees. Still really had to convince myself to spend anything at Anacs even though I think they do a pretty good job.

8. Dj Shift

Dj Shift Active Member

Did anyone get theirs back yet?

I'm still trying to figure out what to write on their submission form

9. Dj Shift

Dj Shift Active Member

Do you have to check any of the service tier boxes and what do you write as the "grading fee per coin"?

And do they really have to do insurance? Cause that's more expensive than the grading fee itself.

10. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

Mine are due to ship 7/13

11. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

I check the 15 day box...be sure to write the code on the form, and YES you do have to pay for insurance and Shipping.

12. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

On the form I filled in yesterday, there was a "promo code" slot at the very top left of the form (so high that it's easy to overlook). I wrote "JULY 4TH" in that slot. The ANACS rep at the show said that was the right thing to do.

I agree about shipping and insurance. My "two free coins", each valued under $100, ended up costing $21.00. :rolleyes:

One thing that did surprise me: the value limit for this offer was $2000 per coin. It would've been great for, say, authenticating double eagles.

13. Barber dime 94s

Barber dime 94s Active Member

When is the deadline to have these in ??
    I've got a few forms that anacs mailed me , back from my last submission could I use these ?

14. Barber dime 94s

So I've found the slot for the promo code on the forms I have !
    Since it seems a few of ya just mailed yours out in the past few days , is the 4th the deadline or end of this month?

15. ziggy9

ziggy9 *NEC SPERNO NEC TIMEO*

Must be postmarked by the 4th

16. jwitten

Most double eagles will come in valued under $2,000 each.

17. Barber dime 94s

Do you have to receive there promotions or newsletters to qualify ? I've tryed signing up many times , it never does go threw though!

18. charlie123

charlie123 Well-Known Member

Put in the July4 code at top of form, and where it says grading fee, then put a zero for price.

If you're comfortable put in a lower value for the coins, equals less insurance.

19. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Yes, that was actually the point I was trying to make. Generally coins of that value require a more expensive grading tier. It's especially nice that this promotion has such a high valuation limit.

The coins I submitted were far, far below that limit, unless I get a very big surprise on my three-cent nickel. It's got a bit of high-point rub, but brilliant booming luster and no noticeable hits anywhere else -- but it would need to come in at MS67 to exceed the threshold, and that's just not happening.

jwitten likes this.
  20. lucky43113

lucky43113 Active Member

im thinking of sending in my AU stone mountain and my 1994 proof 1/4 oz gold eagle

21. Dj Shift

Dj Shift Active Member

Also my last question is, do you have to do the padded envelope in a cardboard box thing like their website recommends or is it fine to just use a padded envelope since the coins aren't worth a ton anyways?

Just don't want to have it declined because i shipped wrong or anything like that.

Draft saved Draft deleted