2 euro coin 2017 rheinland Pfalz double stars error?

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by Sonicattitude, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Sonicattitude

Sonicattitude New Member

Hello to the forum! Look what I found , what do u think? You can clearly see the stars and the "LL" which I think they are double died.

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Too me they look Flat and Shelflike
    Probably Mechanical or Deterioration doubling..

It's just Doubled Die.. Not double died :dead::dead:

Spark1951 and Oldhoopster like this.
  4. Sonicattitude

Sonicattitude New Member

I don't speak English fluently. I am from another country. As always irony is your thing. What do u mean by mechanical doubling

5. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

I am here to try to give you the best answer.
    I am not trying to be ironic. Sorry if you feel that way. What language do you speak?
    Maybe I can find some information for you in your language.

6. Sonicattitude

Sonicattitude New Member

It is OK! I apologize too.. I speak Greek. Thank u for your help! If you can't find something no problem

paddyman98 likes this.
  7. Rick Stachowski

Rick Stachowski Motor City Car Capital

Here's some info on MD .
    http://www.error-ref.com/machine-doubling/

But I'm not sure if that's what it is .
    This coin is a 2 piece coin and could be a doubled die .

I need better images to know for sure ..

8. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

It is definitely interesting. The way that the details change when the design jits the outer ring of metal (harder composition) I would suspect that it is Die deterioration,
    Not only that but the extra metal is surrounding the devices or design.

9. Sonicattitude

Sonicattitude New Member

Unfortunately I can't take better photos

Attached Files:

10. Cucumbor

Cucumbor Well-Known Member

Don't know how to call that error/variation in english
    What I know for sure is that unlike in the USA those little variations are not very much sought after here (in France at least) and add little, if any, value

Q

11. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

Not in Germany either. Of course there are specialized collectors who are interested in errors and varieties, but not that many ...

(Then again there are sellers who believe that a sucker is born every minute. ;)
    https://www.ebay.de/itm/2-Euro-Fehlpragung-Griechenland-Einzelstuck/292893840513 - The seller wants 1 million for that coin, and even emphasizes that the female physiognomy is a little more, shall we say, emphasized on this particular piece. Duh.)

Christian

12. Cristian-Aprilia

Cristian-Aprilia New Member

Hello and good morning to all, my name is Cristian and I write from Italy and I'm a collector of euros, I hope to be useful on the varied world of the euro. I apologize in advance if I do not behave well, but I use the google translator. The coin in question unfortunately has no exceptionality or attraction that goes beyond the collectability of the coin itself.

13. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

Welcome from another C(h)ristian! True, that auction of the Greek coin was almost nonsensic ;) As for those commemorative €2 coins in general, these were supposed to be circulating issues. So what some of the "mini-states" (AD, SM ...) and even Belgium and now France (Asterix) do - issue them in surcharged coin cards only - kind of defeats the purpose. :rolleyes: Nothing wrong with making them available in special sets as well, but a €2 commem that cannot be had at face at all will not become part of my collection ...

Christian

Draft saved Draft deleted