$2 Bills are a Crime

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Skippy Topaz, Aug 26, 2016.

1. lehmansterms

lehmansterms Many view intelligence as a hideous deformity

In many cases, they don't even count-out the change - once it's been determined by the calculating software, it's automatically counted-out in the register and rolls down a little slide into a small tray next to the cashier's hand. I don't try to deliberately be confusing or to provoke people needlessly, but if I have change in my pocket, chances are I will try to either pay in exact change, or tender a smaller amount in coin to make the change work out to a whole quarter, etc.
    At least that's what I used to do - I became somewhat disheartened by how often the cashier looked at me like I'd just emerged from a dimensional portal - and was completely stymied about how to go about understanding what I was doing when I paid $6.03 on a $5.78 check - holding the bills in one hand, the three cents in the other, and looking helplessly around for someone to come to his or her aid.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
    Mad Stax and silentnviolent like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Gilbert

Gilbert Part time collector Supporter

Indeed! Been there and done that.

4. Applgtss

Applgtss New Member

Lots of ignorami there.

5. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

Watch it. I'm from Texas. What are you? A snot-nosed Yankee?:D

If you've joined this site to chime in with your insults I suggest you and the other Texas hater get off the site and stay gone. Neither of you has contributed a damn thing to the site.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
  6. Applgtss

Applgtss New Member

I notice you didn't deny it.

7. Santinidollar

I don't need to. You need to wipe your nose.

8. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

Apparently, the new, ahem, "ignorami" here would benefit from a nice long look in the mirror.

9. Santinidollar

I should have ignored that pair, but I thought I'd give both a hearty welcome designed to make trolls feel at home.:D

Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
    dwhiz likes this.
  10. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

11. clayirving

clayirving Supporter**

In 1976 use of the two-dollar denomination was resumed as part of the United States bicentennial ($2.00 is equal to two hundred cents) and the two-dollar bill was finally assigned as a Federal Reserve Note, with a new design on the back featuring an engraved reduction of the painting, "The Signing of the Declaration of Independence,"by John Trumbull, replacing the previous design of Monticello. The original Trumbull painting portrayed 47 people, 42 of whom were signers of the Declaration (there were 56 total). However, because of limited space on the not 5 of the 47 people in the painting are not included on the engraving (on the far left and far right of the painting) — The farthest four figures on the left (George Wythe, William Whipple, Josiah Bartlett and Thomas Lynch, Jr.), and the farthest two figures on the right (Thomas McKean and Philip Livingston), and seated in the left rear, George Walton, are missing in the engraving. Two other unknown figures are superimposed in the engraving in between Samuel Chase and Lewis Morris and between James Wilson and Francis Hopkinson, bringing the total number of figures on the back of the two-dollar bill to 42. John Dickinson is painted in the portrait, but was not actually present at the signing of the declaration.

Gilbert and Santinidollar like this.
  12. Mad Stax

Mad Stax Well-Known Member

I hear ya, sometimes I'll make a purchase that comes out to, say, 15.68 and I'll fork over 21 so I can get 5 and change back. Sometimes it turns into a process... Should be basic math, especially for a cashier

13. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Stop the personal snottery, it is easy while one feels anonymous, but keep it up and some will not be posting tomorrow or a long time in the future. This includes any snappy responses. We do not believe in the "I was just defending my anonymous avatar feelings" defense. Jim

14. Santinidollar

My apologies to the group. Like I said, I should have counted to 100 and then ignored those posts.

Draft saved Draft deleted