$2 Bills are a Crime

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Skippy Topaz, Aug 26, 2016.

1. Skippy Topaz

Skippy Topaz PAPERBOY

Tim Lackie Jr and paddyman98 like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

My God.. What a crazy and sad story.. Shows you how much people know about coins and paper currency. And these are teachers and law enforcement.. The leaders of the community! Really sad

Tim Lackie Jr and Dollarsavr like this.
  4. Mad Stax

Mad Stax Well-Known Member

SMH, they should have called the history teacher to the cafeteria (s)he would have known it was legit.... hopefully

Tim Lackie Jr likes this.
  5. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Sad, sad, sad. The school officials and police should be charged. And a 13 year old missed lunch because of stupidly. Who's the real criminal?

Tim Lackie Jr likes this.
  6. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

It isn't the first time this has happened. Several years ago, a man in Baltimore "struck it rich" after settling his lawsuit out of court for being arrested at a McDonald's when they refused to accept his $2 notes.

Chris

7. Markus1959

Markus1959 Well-Known Member

8. Garlicus

Garlicus Debt is dumb, cash is king.

Just before Independence Day, I got 100 of them from the bank and gave 30-40 of them to my 7 y.o. nephew to spend at summer camp, and have been spending some of the rest. My nephew and his friend were like "Wow, I didn't know they made $2 bills.".

9. Noah Finney

Noah Finney Well-Known Member

things are changing quick

10. hotwheelsearl

hotwheelsearl Well-Known Member

I bought ice cream at Rite Aid with a $2 and a Kennedy, and the only response I got from the cashier was "is this a quarter?"

Once I bought a $1.07 drink with a $2, the cashier said you need 7 cents. I said I don't have 7 cents. He gave me a look, said "ok, but next time...", and waved me away.
    He thought I paid with a $1!

But seriously, what the hell is up with that story.

paddyman98 likes this.
  11. Bighorn

Bighorn New Member

I like to get a packet of 100 brand new 2.00 from the bank. I use them for tips and to give change with. A lot of people really like them, and had never before seen them. I love the Turnbull? representation of the signing of the Declaration of Independence on the reverse.

12. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

I spend them regularly and have cashiers telling me they are seeing more and more of them. Heck, I have even bought a drink at Taco Hell and not had a second thought about it.

13. lehmansterms

lehmansterms Many view intelligence as a hideous deformity

14. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

I wouldn't bet on that

Mad Stax likes this.
  15. monetarium

monetarium Member

:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:!
    Well, I've heard that in Texas some people don't like Jefferson so it shouldn't be a surprise...

harrync and Noah Finney like this.
  16. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -- Albert Einstein

17. Mike Thorne

Mike Thorne Well-Known Member

I love the Einstein quote. I carry about $10 or more in $2 bills and also find them handy to give as tips. My female barber says she still has all but one of the $2 bills I've given her. I've recently added an Ike dollar to the tip. One time I tried to pay for some ice cream with a $2 bill only to have the teenaged clerk say she wasn't sure she could take it in payment. I told her that if she thought it was counterfeit she should call the cops. Given the ignorance displayed in the story above, I'm glad she didn't call them. And I live in Mississippi, another state with rampant ignorance. I was a college professor here for about 40 years, trying to spread some enlightenment.

dwhiz likes this.
  18. 05Wildcats

05Wildcats Well-Known Member

A few years ago I sent $2 bills to my young grandson in Virginia. He called and thanked me for the Kansas money.

dwhiz likes this.
  19. harrync

harrync Well-Known Member

Back in the 1970's, when the BEP first started selling uncut sheets to the general public, an acquaintance of mine like to cut a strip of bills off a sheet, and then cut off a few bills from the strip to pay a small tab. He stopped after he paid for a drink on an airline that way, and was met by the local police when the flight landed.

20. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

This ought to really chill parents who are dependent upon the public school system to educate their kids. Small wonder a lot of them seem dumber than door knobs.

21. Gilbert

Gilbert Part time collector Supporter

What's worse is many cashiers couldn't make change if cash registers didn't have the function where the amount tendered is keyed in and then the display shows the cashier how much to give back to the customer.

dwhiz and Mad Stax like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted