$2 bill project $10,000!

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by DeodatusAlp2002, Nov 12, 2015.

1. DeodatusAlp2002

DeodatusAlp2002 Lowball glory!

Hi guys! I still remember on the old coin forum I was on, we had a project titled project $25k. So everyone pitched in by spending 2 dollar bills. So we kept a running total (see pics) figuring how much we had left. If this goes well, I may introduce a half dollar project too.[​IMG]

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. DeodatusAlp2002

The pic didn't show up. Anyway, in the photo here, I show the finish of the project after years.

Attached Files:

• g.JPG
      g.JPG
      File size:
      64 KB
      Views:
  4. DeodatusAlp2002

I have spent $190 in twos (at least) in various places.
    $9,810 to go!

5. coinman1234

coinman1234 Not a Well-Known Member

I a spent $6 in twos a couple months ago. $9,804 to go.

I guess I will spend more now :)

6. Dean 295

Dean 295 D.O.M.

I spend my $2.00 bills as tips and for small purchase amounts. It's just fun to see the expression on the person getting the bill. Some people ask me where did you get the two's? I tell them at the bank, just ask for them, they will gladly sell them to you because they seem to dislike them when they get them in on a transaction. :oldman:

7. Jaelus

Jaelus The Hungarian Antiquarian Supporter

I spend $2s and half dollars constantly, and I use Ikes as tips. It usually gets a great reaction out of people.

8. Sullysullinburg

Sullysullinburg Well-Known Member

I spent $52 awhile ago on a video game. Five people in the store needed to count them and make sure they were real because the were sequential serial numbers. $9,752 to go!

9. Brett_in_Sacto

Brett_in_Sacto Well-Known Member

What is the goal of this? To put $2 bills back into circulation, or to track them?

10. Speedbump

Speedbump Not a New Member

I use $2's as tip money at bars and restaurants. A little quirky thing people seem to enjoy. I pick up $200 worth at a time from a bank that orders them new. Most of the big banks around me will keep $1,000 or so hand, especially around the holidays.

I don't really want to touch circulated $2's as they are frequently used at strip clubs and God knows where they have been :hungover::vomit::depressed::confused::yuck::yack:

11. DeodatusAlp2002

To put them into circulation.

12. DeodatusAlp2002

A single 2 to help pay for some half dollars.
    $9750 to go.

13. Omegaraptor

Omegaraptor Gobrecht/Longacre Enthusiast

Two dollar bills really don't circulate much more, as well as half dollars, so what about we add half dollars to the thread? Just an idea.

Anyway, sounds like a great idea to get $2 circulation pumping again!

14. Speedbump

Speedbump Not a New Member

$2's will only see wide spread use if the $1 note is killed off. Cash tills typically only have 4 or 5 slots for notes, $1, $5, $10, $20, and $50/$100. $2 notes don't have a home in the cash registers of America and could become problematic for retail cash transactions, which is why I don't use them to actually buy things. I remember when I was younger and my first job was a grocery store cashier. People would bring in uncommon denominations (usually $50's, or dollar coins) and it would always be a pain. I couldn't imagine having to organize 7 different note denominations while trying to get people through the line as fast as possible.

15. DeodatusAlp2002

I'll create a new thread for halves and dollars.

16. DeodatusAlp2002

17. Bucephalus

Bucephalus Active Member

I hope you're checking for stars and fancy repeaters and radars.

18. Hommer

Hommer Curator of Semi Precious Coinage

I usually get $200 a week from the bank. Pick out the cool numbers and spend the rest. I had rather have the circulated ones but most of what I get are new. The circulated bills seem to have more collectable notes in them.

19. BATTERup646

BATTERup646 Active Member

Spent $9 on fractional currency. yay.

20. coincollector197

coincollector197 ANA Platinum member since 12/9/15

$710 spent!
    $9040 left!

21. jensenbay

jensenbay Well-Known Member

I spent $4 in 2s today. $9,036 to go.

Draft saved Draft deleted