2.5 gram Gold PAMP Bar

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by SensibleSal66, Feb 25, 2021.

1. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

Hi everyone . I'm looking at this Gold Bar as an Investment . It's 2.5 g , 24K .
    This 2.5 Gram Gold Pamp bar features the world's most famous ingot motif, Lady Fortuna. Not only is Lady Fortuna an assurance of Pamp's quality and authenticity, but it is in itself a beautiful design that depicts the Goddess of Fortune among sheaves of wheat, poppies, precious coins, a horn of plenty and a wheel of fortune. On the reverse of each bar, you'll find an inscription of the PAMP Suisse logo, as well as the purity and weight of the bar. All bars are inscribed with "ESSAYEUR FONDEUR" to guarantee their authenticity.
    This sells for $178.51 . Do you think this a good deal ?
    prod-2.5GRAMBAR-2-5-gram-pamp-bar-650x650.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Not to sure.. It's a very tiny bar though at $178.51
    It weighs as much as a Zinc Cent.

I'm not superstitious.. I don't care much for.. goddess of anything.

Sal.. Go find some gold with your metal detector!
    I know I will be trying for some this new year!

Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
    capthank and Matthew Kruse like this.
  4. John Burgess

John Burgess Well-Known Member

Just make sure it's a reputable seller and you have a means of verifying it is what it is. There are fakes. Take nobody's word on it.

Just saying lots of fakes out there to get scammed by. Be careful.

Matthew Kruse likes this.
  5. Garlicus

Garlicus Debt is dumb, cash is king.

The premium is about $35, which is about the same as the premium on a PCGS MS-69 1/10 oz Gold Eagle.
    The Pamp bar has .61 grams LESS gold content.
    The graded coin would be easier to sell, down the road.

6. SensibleSal66

Thanks Guys ! Gold with my Metal Detector , I wish . My Beautiful Wife will probably be the one to find the Gold and Me, probably Cans . :hilarious::hilarious:
    Dreaming.jpg

Cazador and Sley like this.
  7. Oldhoopster

Oldhoopster Member of the ANA since 1982

1 gram = 0.032 Troy ounces, so 2.5 x 0.032 = 0.080 troy ounces. With gold at approx. $1800/troy ounce, the melt value would be $144 so you’re paying approx. a $35 (25%) premium, as @Garlicus pointed out

Now you have the info to determine if it's a good deal

Sley likes this.
  8. mike estes

mike estes Well-Known Member

9. SensibleSal66

Thanks @mike estes ! I showed the Wife (AKA the Boss ) and she didn't think it was a good deal and money can be spent on some other coin/s . I agreed . ;)

10. mike estes

mike estes Well-Known Member

LOL, I'm glad it helped. good luck brother

11. JCKTJK

JCKTJK Well-Known Member

A few years ago i paid $107 to $111 for the same, at the same time i was paying 133 for 1/10th gold eagles, i think i purchased from Provident metals before the JMB take over.

12. Mr.Q

Mr.Q Well-Known Member

Gold is on a roller-coaster right now, be careful Sal. I already know you will make the right decision, I've seen you're work! Be safe

SensibleSal66 and JCKTJK like this.
  13. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

I think you'd be better off buying a US Gold Coin. Some of them are only a little bit more money.

Kentucky and SensibleSal66 like this.
  14. JCKTJK

JCKTJK Well-Known Member

I know this goes against the "if you don't hold it you don't own it" but most mining stocks are taking a beating atm so you could purchase 45 shares of say Yamana Gold or B 2 gold for roughly the same price of that bar, not saying or giving financial advice just throwing it out there. there are many other beaten down Miner Stocks out there atm so you will need to do a little research!

EDIT for missing words??

SensibleSal66 likes this.
  15. SensibleSal66

I think now all of you are right . I will hold off and probably invest in Silver if the Price is right .

1stSgt22 and JCKTJK like this.
  16. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

don't buy it your better off buying a quarter eagle for a hundred and a 1/2 more.

JCKTJK likes this.
  17. GoldFinger1969

GoldFinger1969 Well-Known Member

What is the premium on a 1 ounce Pamp Suisse bar ?

Have a friend asking about them since he believes it's the "cheapest" way to buy gold.

18. 1stSgt22

1stSgt22 I'm just me!

Sal, sounds like you have made a wise decision IMO! I have never considered PM something I want to invest in. Put it in a coin and you have collector's value too!!!

19. Mr.Q

Mr.Q Well-Known Member

Enjoy what you have while you have it!

Draft saved Draft deleted