(2) 1911 Liberty Head nickels in today

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by Nolan Workman, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Nolan Workman

Nolan Workman Well-Known Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Nolan Workman

I hit send prematurely, should read in Today's Chase Bank box.

4. Dave363

Dave363 Well-Known Member

You truly are a CRH it amazes me on the coins you find, In all of the thousands of coins I have searched I haven't found a tenth of your finds. WOW
    Dave

5. Nolan Workman

Thanks for the comment, I have a very tolerant wife and tellers at the bank and the time to do a lot of looking, I am sure more than most folks. I don't know if these nickels have flown under the radar for a hundred plus years or if they came from a collection. The penny boxes at my bank have been flooded with 2018 D, so I have switched to the nickels for a while. Thanks again for the kind comment.

6. Westtexasbound

Westtexasbound Active Member

I love hunting nickels. 1. You can regularly get them back to the 30s. 2. You can find 100 year old stuff. 3. You can get silver. 4. Big coin that is easy to read.

How many minutes/hours a day do you search.
    Every day?

7. Nolan Workman

I am usually up around 3 a.m., it is an age thing, so I can search most of a box before the wife wakes; lots of coffee. Probably four to six hours of searching before the rest of the world get up; I soak the coins I keep in acetone during the day and like to do the photo work in the evening. The banks are close, so I include swapping boxes with doctor's appointments and shopping. I agree with your four points about nickels; they are easier on old eyes.

Draft saved Draft deleted