1999 Quarter & Hallmark Figurine

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by JeffC, Jan 28, 2021.

1. JeffC

JeffC Go explore something and think a happy thought!

It seems so long ago... 1999 Delaware (the First State!) was the inaugural coin in the Statehood Quarters program. In a few years, it'll be a quarter of a century! That made me think of the U.S. Innovation Dollars, which won't end until 2032. Seems so far away. Back in 1999, I think the U.S. Mint collaborated with Hallmark, with the latter concurrently releasing a pewter figurine to match each Statehood Quarter in collector sets sold in their Card stores. There must have been a lot of excitement over the new quarters.

20210128_220200.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

Hey @JeffC I worked at Hallmark from 2000 to 2008 and I remember the Quarter program as well . I Loved "picking" that area of the warehouse because I would look at all the coins . :)

JeffC likes this.
  4. JeffC

Yeah - I think they're really nice, in a nostalgic way. I never even knew about these figurines until last weekend. Some of them are really nice, especially your CT ones with the Oak Leaves. Too bad they discontinued them after a couple of years (I think - not sure).

SensibleSal66 likes this.
  5. SensibleSal66

Well. I left in 2006 because of an illness , but I hear they "Hallmak " greatly Made cut backs and Warehouses closing . There is a price guide for their Ornaments I know .

6. JeffC

I don't think many people send greeting cards anymore. Hope the illness was not extended or debilitating.

SensibleSal66 likes this.
  7. SensibleSal66

Unfortunately it was . I'm glad I got out that "rat race " anyways . Nahh, that's why they switched to gifts more . Who's gonna pay $4.95 for an 11 cents piece of paper and words . Don't get me started , :banghead:
    :muted:

Inspector43 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted