1999 p off center strike

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Cazador, Aug 29, 2021.

1. Cazador

Cazador Supporter! Supporter

My dad’s been holding out on me. I was hanging out with him and he pulled this quarter out said he’s had it for years almost forgot about it so since we were on the subject about coins he asked me if it was worth anything , should it be graded , encapsulated? I said let’s post it to see what the pros say. upload_2021-8-29_21-15-47.jpeg upload_2021-8-29_21-15-47.jpeg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

Nice one if I remember correctly errors like these on state quarters go for a more decent premium as of certification wait for more comments.

Cazador likes this.
  4. happy_collector

happy_collector Well-Known Member

Nice error! Looks like about 15% off-center. :)

sel w, 1stSgt22 and Cazador like this.
  5. 1stSgt22

1stSgt22 I'm just me!

Very nice! I would check eBay sold to see if any similar have sold! This will give you a wild guess what it is worth! That might help you decide if it's worth sending in. You should also wait for more comments. No expert here by any means!!!

6. alurid

alurid Well-Known Member

Mr.Q, Cazador and 1stSgt22 like this.
  7. Sidney Osborne

Sidney Osborne Well-Known Member

What is that above the A in dollar and the marks on the jaw and neck...probably, as raw, wouldn't matter on ebay...but you have to factor in tpg submission fees ...might not be to your advantage...

Mr.Q and 1stSgt22 like this.
  8. tibor

tibor Supporter! Supporter

So this isn't accidently spent by the family, yes , get it into some
    TPG plastic. The grade isn't important, keeping the coin from being
    spent is. @paddyman98 can give an excellent idea to value.

Mr.Q and spirityoda like this.
  9. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

I would Definitely protect it but wouldn't spend as much if not more in grading fees than the coin is worth according to @alurid 's chart . Yes ask @paddyman98 . He will know . :happy:

sel w and spirityoda like this.
  10. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

Cool off-center, but I would protect it in a holder. I would not have it graded/slabbed. Wait for @paddyman98 answer.

11. tibor

tibor Supporter! Supporter

The main reason I suggested TPG holder was for protection. I think the grade is irrelevant. Whitman holders are easy to get into. The TPG holder will protect the coin from sliding around inside the holder. TPG holders are difficult to break apart and they draw attention that the coin inside the holder is special. Do any of the top 3 TPG 's offer a no grade holder, just for protection?

12. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Neat. It's a nice error. I have so many in the raw. I keep them in 2x2 flips. I have a few that are in slabs but only for show and tell.
    You can send whatever you want. It would be more for sentimental meaning since it was from your dad.

13. Rick Stachowski

Rick Stachowski Motor City Car Capital

Worth between 15 and 25 bucks .
    That's raw of course .

Mr.Q and paddyman98 like this.
  14. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

not worth the slab fees, but a nice one

spirityoda likes this.
  15. How does one get an error coin?

Mr.Q and expat like this.
  16. expat

expat Remember you are unique, just like everyone else Supporter

Oooh_look2001 and Cliff Reuter like this.
  17. Cliff Reuter

Cliff Reuter Well-Known Member

expat likes this.
  18. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Very nice. I doubt it’s worth the grading fees, especially with the black mark on the ponytail but it does need a flip to protect it.

19. expat

expat Remember you are unique, just like everyone else Supporter

You are welcome, bookmark the site or save it for future ref, there is a lot there to try and remember

Cliff Reuter likes this.
  20. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

Hooray!
    A real one

21. Mr.Q

Mr.Q Well-Known Member

As paddyman stated he puts his in 2x2's or slabs, You should do the same. Personally I would not TPG the coin but you would be the best judge of that, good luck. Thanks for sharing.

Draft saved Draft deleted