1999-p jefferson nickel radical rotated die and a 83 clip cent

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by john65999, Jan 26, 2022.

1. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Are you done venting?.. Please move on.

BTW.. I take 2 medications for my Blood Pressure.

mralexanderb and Oldhoopster like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Oldhoopster

Oldhoopster Member of the ANA since 1982

Wow, if you need to vent because somebody charged you an $1.65 extra for postage, you may want to take a break and relax for a while. I assume you feel better after leaving the seller negative feedback for such an egregious overcharge:banghead:

GH#75 and Cheech9712 like this.
  4. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

Overcharging on postage is a huge scam. Amazon makes a great deal this way.
    They ship something which literally costs a dollar to ship and they charge $4.99.
    The post office does all the work, and because of the sweetheart deal they got,
    Amazon makes money off the sweat of the post office with no cost or effort to themselves.

john65999 likes this.
  5. john65999

john65999 Well-Known Member

i have like 6 things i take, mostly for pain management, hey these are stressful time brother, might have to get radiation dunno something bout colon cancer possibly, so looking forward to that mess
    and also 2 things for anxiety/high blood pressure lisinipril and propananol

6. CaptHenway

CaptHenway Survivor

What is the weight on that 1983 cent?

john65999 likes this.
  7. john65999

DUNNO DID NOT WEIGH IT, I HAVE OVER 300 clipped coins, only some are weighed, like if a very large portion, then i weigh , for slight clips and rim clips i do not.. sorry

8. Michael K

I doubt it's copper. The zinc cents tend to have that shiny copper coating.
    It's def. 2.5g. That clip isn't large enough to move the needle to 2.4.

9. Cliff Reuter

Cliff Reuter Well-Known Member

Nice pair of errors.

Another way to show the rotation without the mirror image is to place the staples on the flip to show the orientation better.

Such as two staples diagonally at the corners of the open end of the flip and one at the center of the hinge side above the head.

10. CaptHenway

CaptHenway Survivor

But it sure is worth checking, isn't it?

11. Mr.Q

Mr.Q Well-Known Member

He did everything that was asked of him, be nice! Thanks for posting.

12. CaptHenway

CaptHenway Survivor

Just thought that the piece looked as though it might be copper rather than zinc, and weight is the easiest way to check.

13. Michael K

Henway, I check all my 82-D small dates and 83's if I can't tell if it is zinc or copper.
    The brightness of this coin suggests to me it is copper coated zinc and not the original mint luster of a copper cent.

14. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

It is a Copper plated Zinc Cent. It's not actually "clipped". The correct terminology is Incomplete Planchet. The missing area was never clipped because what actually happened is that the planchet was cut out of the sheet to close to the previous planchet. Then the incomplete planchet which Zinc is plated with copper. The zinc will not show.

john65999 likes this.
  15. john65999

it is def zinc, date is 83

16. john65999

that is why i started my titles with "incomplete planchet" but everyone wrote and said that tpg's and 99% of collectors call em clips, so went back to clips so as not to upset people....

Cliff Reuter likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted