1999-P Connecticut State Quarter Errors

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Coin_Collector, Sep 30, 2011.

1. Coin_Collector

Coin_Collector New Member

I found a slightly off center struck 1999-P Connecticut State Quarter (no big deal) the other day but noticed that there was something else odd about it. After further inspection, I found various doubling and letter errors on the coin. The words "States" & "America" as well as the "P" mint mark show definite doubling. The end letters "E" & "T" in the "In God We Trust" are shifted upward and lastly, all of the letters on the obverse are quite FAT. * See uploaded images of my coin and an original 1999-P Connecticut state quarter at the bottom for comparisons.

Was wondering if anybody here has seen one just like this or have any idea of the value of this coin? Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. rev1774

rev1774 Well-Known Member

Interesting indeed, definitely see the doubling, as to whether it is machine doubling or something else I'm sure someone more intune to these things will chime in...

4. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

I may be wrong, and I certainly hope so, but this looks to me like a combination of die deterioration and machine doubling.

19Lyds likes this.
  5. Coin_Collector

More feedback

Would appreciate some more feedback on this error. Thanks!

6. mecha1166

mecha1166 Junior Member

Ok, here is a third opinion: machine doubling (note flat double image) and die detieration. Sorry, no biggie.

7. Coin_Collector

8. JDcoins24

JDcoins24 New Member

I have a Coin with the same doubling, but worse, on both sides of the coin. It also has a major grease error on both sides of the coin. There are definitely more out there.

9. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

First, welcome to the neighborhood!

You may have noticed that this thread is almost 6 years old. You might want to start a new thread and post clear photos of your coin.

Chris

Tyler Graton likes this.
  10. 19Lyds

19Lyds Member of the United States of Confusion

The Ony Connecticut SHQ Error I found was the very first one I saw in a Cash Register.
    Washington 1999-D 3% Clip 13841420 Connecticut PCGS MS65 Slab Obv.jpg

11. Triciakbnj1966

Triciakbnj1966 New Member

My Connecticut quarter has so many errors, it also has the edge of the coin running right into the R, I, C & A in America. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you Tricia....

12. Blake Davis

Blake Davis Well-Known Member

Post a photo would be best....

13. Blake Davis

Blake Davis Well-Known Member

Sorry missed it at first - I don’t think it was s a known error

14. Zachj1991

Zachj1991 New Member

i have a 1999 p conneticut quarter that weighs 5.5 grams,no reeded edges,ob,and rev are very smooth,possible weak strike?/ and some of the tree branches are goldish,..is that somethin by chance?

Draft saved Draft deleted