1999 Lincoln -Die Clash?Eyes Hurt? Help

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by korey d, Mar 18, 2019.

1. korey d

korey d Member

I might be at the stage of imagining things now for something that could be simple. You will see the major ID mark in question in the E. IMO it is not split plating, it is a raised and rounded and completely silver in color. Above on the rim you will see marks that look to be similar in shape. So i went to MAD and researched, and researched, and now i am asking for opinions. I did a bad job of an overlay in my 8th hour of looking at this coin inside out thinking maybe this was a possibility. I don't know, i can not match everything or i start imagining things, so it could be just a simple thing in the E or ? something else. Any Help would be appreciated to your thoughts. I will attached a bunch of different angles and pics of obverse and the reverse.

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. korey d

korey d Member

additional pics

Attached Files:

4. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

All I see is a worn die strike and split plating caused because of it. Nothing major.
    Die Deterioration issues.

5. VT4Pac

VT4Pac Active Member

To me it looks like a die chip on the lower part of the E and split plating right above it...just my thoughts

korey d likes this.
  6. korey d

korey d Member

Thanks for the reply. I guess what im questioning is what looks like split plating is actually raised and rounded as the same directly below it. Then an almost identical half circle is on the rim right above it. This would be my first to see split plating that is actually the same thickness and contours as an element. Thank you for your reply and opinion, it is appreciated.

7. korey d

korey d Member

does everyone agree it is split plating?

8. korey d

korey d Member

@Fred Weinberg

9. steve.e

steve.e Cherry picker

Looks like a small die chip above the bottom line of tha E with plate splitting. Looks cool id keep it or spend it who is gonna buy it not me

enamel7 and korey d like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted