1999 d possible broadstruck

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Tyler Graton, May 30, 2017.

1. Tyler Graton

Tyler Graton Well-Known Member

Is this a broad strike? It's ever so slightly bigger than a regular dime on the side that looks like it was struck wrong IMG_0979.JPG IMG_0981.JPG IMG_0983.JPG

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

No, just damage. I would but if you look at the edge it has reeding all the way around. That would mean it was struck in the collar, and by definition if it was in the collar it can't be a broadstrike.

4. Muzyck

Muzyck Rabbits!

To the OP, perhaps you could help other members by stating why you think it may be broad strike along with posting the photo. The same goes for all of these "error" type questions in the future.

5. Tyler Graton

No it doesn't recede to the other side. It still has the edge marks. :/ owell i know what to look for now thanks to you :)

6. Tyler Graton

well I never found a broad strike so it's kinda hard to tell you why I think that. I just saw pictures of broad struck coins and it looks very similar to this

7. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

It looks like I got hammered by some thing. PMD.
    And no this new generation doesn't know how to tell you the reason, to support their claim. They like to have others tell them even if we are wrong!

8. Tyler Graton

whatever.. I'm just not gonna post here anymore. Too many grumpy old men. All you guys do is pick on people and ruin it for them by saying this kind of stupid bull spit. If you guys are so pissed off why don't you get your own website where you guys can hang out and talk to yourselves and be merry. Where you can brag about your finds that you know about, and kick out the ones that don't ( because that's basically what you guys do when you guys say stuff like this to us ) But you guys aren't smart enough to make your own website so you don't have to deal with people like me so. hello hi my name is Tyler I'm trying to learn about coins, I don't have all the money in the world to buy stupid $50 book that doesn't tell you exactly everything. I mean seriously what is the point of having this website if all you guys are going to pick on people like me it? doesn't make any sense why you would put yourself in a site like this to get pissed off at people that are doing the same thing you guys did probably, and if you learn from a book well good for you. I am an auditory/visual learner. Piss off if you don't like it. You guys are more irritating than the people that post their questions here. Cause more problems than solutions when you would think you would want to lead by example instead of leading like a twit. And another thing, you would think that you older generation people would want to help us out due to the fact that it's just helpful. But God for bid you guys have to look at A coin that somebody may have thought it was something but it wasn't, and you had to tell em. You would think that would make somebody happy inside but of course knowing most of the older generation, it's not the case.. sadly. You couldn't do this to the people that work to misunderstand you, but you do it to the people that work to understand you which is even more funny part. Please do me a favor if you have any problems looking at my post that I don't know about, ignore me!!!!!! Simple.

Last edited: May 30, 2017
  9. Tyler Graton

Even better, why dont the people that OWN this site, make a rule (since you cant pick on political/personal problems here, or curse) WHy dont they make a rule where there are to be NO MENTIONING of people like me who want to learn about coins, and ask question here. No picking on peoples personal way of learning. That would only be fair right? why would you guys make a rule that states no curse words. but you allow them to pick on peoples personal way of learning.. And expect me to give them the time to figure out how to repsect them..

10. eric6794

eric6794 Well-Known Member

@Tyler Graton hey calm down, it's understadable that your mad that people are giving you a hard time but one of the best things there is IS someone giving you a hard time. IMO it's the best way to learn and most of these people on this site know what they are talking about. With that said I do wish that most on here were not so jaded that they only give a limited response, me included. here is a link for broadstrikes and other error's. If you want to seriously learn about error's I suggest you read up mate. http://www.error-ref.com/

11. Tyler Graton

with all due respect i am very calm. i am just sick and tired of hearing the same thing over and over and i just want to make my own point about the subject, In defense for myself YET ANOTHER time on a site where i can make no mention of political views, but people can pick on other peoples personal way of learning. I have been in SOOOO MANY incidences where it seems like the ENTIRE internet is calling one thing ( my mr.Tincon over polished die a die clash, a die chip, struck through.) There are so many ways that this hobby could confuse someone, yet these people like to pick on the fact that even though i could read everything on the internet and get steered in the wrong direction everytime almost.. Like some of this stuff i am looking at i dont even know what to call it or how to explain it, and there are people like me who cant afford much. it just takes a lot of talking to explain what i am going through and i will make my point on this subject because im here to learn, not defend myself on how i am learning..

12. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Hello! HE DID! Tyler is new at searching for errors. He is learning!

Last edited: May 30, 2017
    Tyler Graton likes this.
  13. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Buddy.. I gave you the best answer that I know for the Cent in question. The others gave you the wrong answers and I explained why. You are doing good. It takes time to learn. I have been collecting Mint Errors for 31 years and I am still learning new things!

Tyler Graton likes this.
  14. Tyler Graton

I know, it was actually you who gave me that answer! and i believed you out of all the other people ( and chris too saying about the famous buffalo) took me a while to understand the science of it but i figured it out in my head believe it or not. Thanks paddy, sorry you had to witness it but i want to be the voice of us learners. when i see a supporter doing that to me, it doesnt make sense... why they support a site that helps learners learn, but frown upon how they learn.. its quiet the double negative..

paddyman98 likes this.
  15. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

Hang in there Tyler. The folks here will grow on you. You have to ignore some. As long as I have been here there are those that I ignore and I'm sure there are those that ignore me. We have a good balance of folk here. You just have to roll with it.

16. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

That wasn't meant to make you want to quit posting.
    But, I want to re-iterate that you have everything you need at your finger tips,
    Reading and visual examples,
    I could have just kept my mouth shut, or "Fingers" in this case, I was only Pickin.
    It is up to you, if you want to take it to heart or not.
    I classified this age of younger folk into one lump sum, with out taking into consideration that everyone learns different.
    My friends and family get the same smart allec remarks, they just brush it off as my point of view. Some learn from it some don't.

The Last thing I want to do is discourage someone who is learning.

17. Tyler Graton

In the end really I just want to teach you what could possibly be on someone's mind when you say that. I take it to heart because there are a lot of people like me who probably feel the same but didn't have the time to state it. To me it's disrespectful, and in a lot of ways makes me want to stop because I feel like a burden. I almost want to just ask for someone that wants to help out, if I could just send them the pictures. I just want to say for the millionth time I appreciate everyone's help, and if I could help ya guys in anyway I would.. Most of the time when I post things it's because I don't have the time to search the entire internet for something and read about it (especially the coins I don't know how to explain) I am at work. I get excited and start to wonder till it bugs me. That's when I post. Most of the time. I realize I'm not the smartest guy in the world, and this isn't exactly the easiest hobby to accomplish, but I'm trying. Maybe next year I'll be posting more answers then questions. The way I learn things it seems, is by finding everything not to pay attention to. I learn as I find things. Only two really nice errors I have found is the homestead leaky bucket quarter, 1960 d small date. And the clipped 1996 d dime plantchet. Or and a die chip on a oaklahoma/1957 d penny, 1982 large date zinc die crack. And a lot of greasers. Wish someone had mentioned that over polished dies existed when talking about the greasers cause it a way it kind of resembles grease filled dies haha. But thanks to paddy and Chris I learned about the polished dies correctly. The method to my madness is if you respect the coin world and support it, you wouldn't make mention of the way people learn just plainly on the fact it's disrespectful is all. I truly feel like there should be a rule change regarding it. But that's my opinion.

18. steve.e

steve.e Cherry picker

Yes some comments can cut like a knife.
    To the point of regrettable lash backs.
    If you know what I mean :bored:@Tyler Graton

Draft saved Draft deleted