1999 Canada Quarter

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Jinxe, May 31, 2020.

1. Jinxe

Jinxe New and curious

B5E585B4-D6E2-4E93-B2E9-3281B1E71E93.jpeg 822737EF-01E3-4526-9CBA-3F5D5DCC9CDF.jpeg
    Pretty cool piece I’ve had for a while, I love seeing all these different coins! Looks a bit misaligned as well. What do you guys think? :D

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

Welcome to CT @Jinxe. I hadn't seen the reverse of the 1999 Canadian quarter and at first thought it was a joke coin but now see that it is a real minted coin. Pretty cool as an oddity and yes, it is slightly MAD (misaligned die), but NAV (no added value), IMHO. Did you have any questions, or just sharing?

Jinxe likes this.
  4. Jinxe

Jinxe New and curious

@Mountain Man I was just sharing :) I’m having a really nice time learning about different coins and oddities.

5. TheFinn

TheFinn Well-Known Member

The first commems came out in 1992 with the 12 Provinces for the 125th anniversary of Confederation. Then they did 12 different pieces in 1999 and 2000, which each had the month of issue on them. The Cannucks know how to do a circulating commemorative - keep it short and simple, like the current attention span of people.

Jinxe likes this.
  6. jlblonde

jlblonde Señor Member

Interesting...I've never seen that one before.

Jinxe likes this.
  7. Jinxe

Jinxe New and curious

Glad I could share! :)

8. ewomack

ewomack 魚の下着

I really like this coin. I received it in change during a trip to Canada a few years back and I know that I kept it somewhere, but I can't seem to locate it at the moment.

It was part of a "Canada Through a Child's Eye" commemorative program for the then upcoming millennium.

Jinxe likes this.
  9. Jinxe

Jinxe New and curious

That’s pretty cool!

10. Preif18

Preif18 Member

I never saw that coin before pretty neat

Jinxe likes this.
  11. Inspector43

Inspector43 Celebrating 75 Years Active Collecting Supporter

12. MeowtheKitty

MeowtheKitty Well-Known Member

One of the greatest finds Meow ever made CRH was a Canadian Quarter! WIN_20190102_11_37_06_Pro.jpg WIN_20190102_11_37_16_Pro.jpg

Roman Collector, Lawtoad and Jinxe like this.
  13. expat

expat Remember you are unique, just like everyone else Supporter

This is what the commemorative set looks like
    20200601_010924 (2).jpg

Roman Collector and Jinxe like this.
  14. Jinxe

Jinxe New and curious

That’s awesome!

15. expat

expat Remember you are unique, just like everyone else Supporter

Thanks,my Mother sent it to me years ago, she lives near Vancouver

Jinxe likes this.
  16. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

That's for posting this thread. It's nice to see a misaligned die strike on a Canadian coin. I used to have a number of Canadian coins but I stopped when I moved away from the border. I could pull them out of circulation most of the time.

Jinxe likes this.
  17. Jinxe

Jinxe New and curious

I have a few friends that live in all parts of Canada, I could absolutely have them send me some coins if they find any :) I’d love to see more myself

Collecting Nut likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted