1998 wide AM

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Sheila Ruley, Dec 14, 2015.

1. Markus1959

Markus1959 Well-Known Member

Yeah - My sister had a trailer in a park on the beach - she packed up her cats and got the hell out of there during the storm, when she went back after the storm there was nothing left - scared the crap out of her and she moved to Summerville, then now to Dorchester.

Sheila Ruley likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Then there was Hurricane Frances in August, 2004 which stalled of the east coast of South Florida. A man who regularly metal detected that area discovered $200,000 in Spanish silver when a huge sand dune was washed away.

Chris

Sheila Ruley likes this.
  4. tomfiggy

tomfiggy Well-Known Member

I took me over 2 years to find my 2000 WAM

5. Sheila Ruley

Sheila Ruley The short blonde girl

I have been doing this for about a month now and I have found the 2000 and 1998 WAMs. Pretty lucky for me. I hope you have better luck too. It is fun finding interesting things

6. Sheila Ruley

Just wow!

7. Sheila Ruley

I refuse to live in a trailer for that reason. I am terrified of them! I used to work for a mobile home company years ago and I saw some scary things that can happen just during a thunderstorm. I would never buy one for myself. They are unsafe and they burn down in 2 seconds. I have seen many around here that burnt down.

8. Sheila Ruley

No corrosion. Just maybe tar or something. I got it off but there are still small black stains where the black stuff was. Otherwise, it's in great shape.

9. tomfiggy

tomfiggy Well-Known Member

The wide AM only applies to Philadelphia mint coins. The Denver mint had the reverse, and obverse dies shipped together so there was no chance for error. I live on the West coast. I was checking every D mint cent within the range of 1997 to 2001 for wide AM's for 2 years until I found that out. What an incredible waste of time.

10. Sheila Ruley

Mine don't have a D mint on them. Does that make them the Philadelphia mint coins?

Draft saved Draft deleted