1998 WIDE AM, PLease, Please, LOOK

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by cherylkubucko, May 21, 2009.

1. cherylkubucko

cherylkubucko Grandma Froggie

I found a 1998 one Cent , With the Wide AM , Please LOOK.

I know its not the best looking coin.

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. TheNoost

TheNoost huldufolk

Great find, Congrats!

4. cherylkubucko

Thanks still looking at the pennies. Cheryl

5. bizzybill2000

bizzybill2000 Senior Member

Great find, thats what makes roll searching fun and rewarding. Keep up the good work.
    Bill

6. Louie_Two_Bits

Louie_Two_Bits Chump for Change

Nice find, and I think it's a beautiful coin.

-LTB

7. cherylkubucko

Bill, you said a mouth full, Thanks Cheryl

8. grizz

grizz numismatist

.........congrats, cheryl!!

9. tmoneyeagles

tmoneyeagles Indian Buffalo Gatherer

What does a find like this, go for?

10. bqcoins

bqcoins Olympic Figure Skating Scoring System Expert

roll picking pays off sometimes.

11. huntsman53

huntsman53 Supporter**

Usually anywhere from $5 to $10 in the currently depressed Market and due to eBay! As with Sports Cards (i.e. Baseball, Basketball, Football and Hockey), eBay has pretty much destroyed the value of most collectible items since there are so many Sellers that are selling the items for practically nothing. There are many Coin Dealers or should I say Coin Movers that purchase coins in bulk at rip-off prices, that now have eBay Stores and are selling every kind of coin...even highly collectible ones at unbelievably low prices, that the values of coins are going down the drain quickly. When you combine this with a very depressed Market, then this spells disaster for many honest Old Time Coin Dealers and even Collectors. Soooooo many of my coins have sold on eBay for a fraction of their' true values, that it is not funny! (I needed some cash quick...otherwise I would not have listed anything on eBay!) This is the reason why that I do not sell anything on eBay anymore without a "Reserve Price" in place. As amateur or even seasoned Coin Collectors and Coin Dealers, we need to do something to get most if not all coins off of eBay or we will see disaster for the Coin Selling/Collecting Market.

Example: A 1958-P "Business Strike" Washington Quarter in MS-64 with a Type "B" Proof Reverse should be selling for $150 to $200 in just about any Coin Market. However, most of the time, you can't even get $25 for this Variety on eBay! Also, most BU Wheat Cents with RPM's should be selling for $10 to $20 or more depending on their' rarity but can be had most days on eBay for under $3 to $5 and sometimes even less. Don't even get me started on some of the rarer Memorial Cent Varieties in BU Red!

Frank

P.S. Sorry for the long post but I was on one of my many, slam eBay tangents!

12. tmoneyeagles

tmoneyeagles Indian Buffalo Gatherer

Well ebay is a place where deals are to be found...

Right now CC morgans are selling extremely low, which means perfect time to buy, especially on eBay
    Thanks for telling me, what this coin would bring..
    (Yes I know all about the sport card market...But that went down by itself, and it would have, with or without eBay's help)

13. Harryj

Harryj Supporter**

14. HOLLYWOOD

HOLLYWOOD Active Member

cheryl Lucky you !;)

15. Arizona Jack

Arizona Jack The Lincoln-ator

nice one cheryl, we have to hook you up with jeankay......she has made some amazing discoverys recently, our newest resident lincoln variety expert

i agree with you frank on the ebay thing as well

16. huntsman53

huntsman53 Supporter**

Cheryl,

I am sorry that I forgot it earlier due to my eBay tirade! Anyways, nice find! The "Wide AM" Cents are getting pretty hard to find and any pulled from circulation are great finds.

Frank

17. cherylkubucko

Sorry, huntsman53 its Ok. I never buy or sell on Ebay. I do feel for the true coin dealers out there. I look on ebay and what I see is sometime ashamed on what they do. They should be horse whipped. for the rest of you thanks, I did look at alot of pennies and sometimes I saw thing that are not there. Cheryl

18. the_man12

the_man12 Amateur Photographer

Nice find! What doesn't look good about it? I know there's a little wear, but it looks fine. Still a WAM no matter the grade!

19. BadThad

BadThad Calibrated for Lincolns

Yea, that's a pretty nice WAM actually! Congrats!

20. cherylkubucko

Thanks guys, I know that there are nice looking ones out there. I am happy I got one, This is How happy I am

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. ernie11

ernie11 Member

I aspire to find one of these. The best I've come up with so far is one 2000 Wide AM.

Draft saved Draft deleted