1998 Wide AM Lincoln Cent

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by AOmonsta, Jun 8, 2011.

1. AOmonsta

AOmonsta New Member

So I don't know much about these varieties of cents. I need the redbook to know what years is wide and which are close. I'm almost certain that this is wide am. Just curious for a general price. Photos don't really show the full color.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. dcure2002

dcure2002 Old but not that old

looks like a wide am to me. I wouldn't think much more than $1 - $2 in that condition, but not sure, someone will chime in soon.

4. AOmonsta

AOmonsta New Member

Thanks. I wasn't assuming it'd be worth a whole lot, compared to other dates.

5. AOmonsta

AOmonsta New Member

6. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

It's for sure a WAM, but I'm not sure of value. I do beleive the 1998 WAMs are rarer than the 2000 ones, so it should go for more that one of those in a similar grade (I think).

7. kookoox10

kookoox10 ANA #3168546

The 98's and 99's are tougher to find, but like someone had already mentioned in that condition expect to get anywhere from $1-5. Now try finding either a closed AM 1992 P or D in nice condition and those will go for $50-200 depending on condition.

8. AOmonsta

AOmonsta New Member

Believe me I'm looking haha.

9. iGradeMS70

iGradeMS70 AKA BustHalfBrian

Even in that condition, the 1992 dated CAM Lincoln's would sell for much, much, MUCH more than $200. I believe there are under 10 known for the each the Denver and Philly minted, but I may be wrong.

-Brian

10. andyluw12

andyluw12 New Member

In Strike It Rich With Pocket Change, Ken Potter listed the 98 WAM for 1.50 in XF, where as the 99 WAM starts at 150.00 in XF. Huge difference, but that won't stop me from looking for a 98. Good find!

Draft saved Draft deleted