1998 P dime is this a struck thru?

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by ice, Mar 1, 2009.

  1. ice

    ice Just happy to be here

    I got this in change this weekend in Gatlinburg TN is this post mint damage or a struck thru error? The reverse looks normal. Thanks for the help Tim

    Attached Files:

  2. Avatar

    Guest User Guest

    to hide this ad.
  3. rockdude

    rockdude Coin Collector

    Well, it looks like damage from a filled die.
  4. ice

    ice Just happy to be here

    Thank you Rockdude. It was from change at a BBQ joint. Tim
  5. Captainkirk

    Captainkirk 73 Buick Riviera owner

    I don't think it was filled, just worn out.
  6. ice

    ice Just happy to be here

    So is this struck thru or worn out dies? Ice
  7. just coins

    just coins New Member

    I would say a grease filled die and there error coins
  8. rockdude

    rockdude Coin Collector

    Actually and I believe this to be true, yours could be called a struck through grease filled die. The most frequent occurrance, however, is that the grease doesn't get anywhere interesting on the coin, and simply obscures or weakens a minor area of the surface, and nobody ever notices it.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Share This Page