1998 P Dime Error

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Odaat, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Odaat

Odaat New Member

Need help I came across this 1998 P dime thst is dark brown on both sides, can anyone help me wu th its value, Greatly Appreciated

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Not an error. Some sort of environmental damage more likely.

Amanda Varner likes this.
  4. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

Agreed.

5. Amanda Varner

Amanda Varner Well-Known Member

Thirded. :)

6. Odaat

Odaat New Member

What do you mean by that and how do I get it checked

7. Jral1

Jral1 Member

Looks like it was carbonized by a candle flame or a bic lighter. Easy to reproduce!

rascal likes this.
  8. Jral1

Jral1 Member

If you find one like this make sure to hold onto it! 1981 silvercopper reverse maacro.jpg 1981 copper dime123.jpg

9. rascal

rascal Well-Known Member

If you understand this then why do you keep putting photos of your burned coin on here? be careful about doing this or you may get censored by the moderators.

non_cents likes this.
  10. non_cents

non_cents Well-Known Member

The coin you attached is not an error. You shouldn't be spreading misinformation like that, especially to new members.

11. Jral1

Jral1 Member

All i said was if you find one like this make sure to hold onto it because you dont find coin like this everyday. How do you know its not an error? here is a picture please explain, over. 1981 dime.jpg

12. non_cents

non_cents Well-Known Member

Seriously? Now you're just hijacking the OP with your own coin. Stop soliciting the opinions of others for your own (repeatedly posted) coins in places other than your own thread. You don't have to be a rocket surgeon to understand the basics on what can come from the mint and what cannot.

rascal likes this.
  13. Jral1

Jral1 Member

The op's coin is actually kinda interesting and could be a kind of sintering according to some peoples discriptions thats why he posted it probably(but i can make one in twenty minutes with this black tone!(thats what i think coins like this are just coins people were trying to tone and over did it a bit/alot.) and they just end up black wow whopdee doo
    The pics are out of focus so no one would be able to tell for sure id like to see better pictures /. i coud help with some advice if he needed help getting better pics. Its good to start with a scan cause there hard to mess up the only way you can mess them up is if you forget to do a custom scan at 1200 or higher. Plus i am learning how to take pictures of coins as i go and all your doing is restating your useless PMD opinion over and over and over and over again talking crap and trying to get my threads locked and I have asked you nicely to stop!

14. Odaat

Odaat New Member

Thanks for answeres all.

15. Jeremiah Stark

Jeremiah Stark New Member

Draft saved Draft deleted