1998 D, Minor DDR?

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by RBurk, Feb 24, 2021.

1. RBurk

RBurk Active Member

I know... I found it with a microscope but all I want is opinions on if it is doubling and significant enough to submit to doubledie.com.

WIN_20210224_11_34_23_Pro.jpg WIN_20210224_11_34_40_Pro.jpg WIN_20210224_11_35_37_Pro.jpg WIN_20210224_11_35_56_Pro.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. DarkRage666

DarkRage666 Ͳìɾҽժղҽʂʂ Ͳąҟҽղ ටѵҽɾ

4. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

@RBurk What you are showing in your close ups are the roof supports. They will show better on a well struck coin from a fresh die but tend to disappear over time, to some degree as the die wears out. If it's something over Lincoln's head just under the roof support, that's not doubling either, just some anomaly and possibly a small die chip of no significance. Other than that I'm not seeing anything else unless you could be more specific as to what you are seeing.

5. Kevin Mader

Kevin Mader Fellow Coin Enthusiast Supporter

I tend to agree with Tommy on this as the small protrusion into the bay may be more likely associated with a small chip. As noted, the protrusion is occurring in an area developing some die wash so we know that the die is worn-in to some degree and that makes the protrusion more likely associated to a die chip. That said, it does have the appearance of the typical doubling associated with the single squeeze method. Minor nonetheless...but interesting.

RBurk likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted