1995 Lincoln cent DD Obverse and DD Reverse

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Joy Matherne, May 26, 2018.

1. Joy Matherne

Joy Matherne Pro life for coins...

I see alot of doubling on this Lincoln cent look closely at the Lincoln memorial

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Stevearino, *coins, Spark1951 and 2 others like this.
  4. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

It's all just DDD - Die Deterioration Doubling
    Worthless doubling common on Copper Plated Zinc Cents
    Not a true Doubled Die

5. lovecoinswalkingliberty

lovecoinswalkingliberty Well-Known Member

Not a doubled die.

@paddyman98, question:
    How many of these posts in the error section actually come to be real, 1/100 or close to that???

6. furryfrog02

I would hazard a guess of maybe 1/10-2/10.

7. tibor

tibor Supporter! Supporter

8. *coins

*coins Well-Known Member

??????????

9. enamel7

enamel7 Junior Member

Enough already!

10. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

Seriously, what's the deal with this nonsense?

11. Joy Matherne

They obviously don't want me on here I'm new and am sorry if I don't quite know what I'm doing so I will just stop I don't need coin chat to help me thanks to the ones who have ran off someone with a desire to learn

12. furryfrog02

No need to leave. Just need some thick skin around here. Internet anonymity makes people tough sometimes. Just roll woth it and learn. It took me awhile to learn and I got flamed quite a bit in the begining. But i stuck it out, stayed, read a lot, learned a lot, and am glad I did.

Stevearino and beef1020 like this.
  13. Joy Matherne

Can you tell me if you see something on this one

Attached Files:

14. furryfrog02

I honestly do not. What do you think you see?

15. BooksB4Coins

I'm not sure what upset you, but a few of the posts were in response to the question mark nonsense and not intended for you, nor should you read too much into lovecoins' post.

Every one of us had to start somewhere, so there's no shame in being new. Still, it's best to take from the forum what benefits you and simply ignore the rest. The good folks here will be happy to help, while the clowns will remain clowns. That's just how it is. ;)

Stevearino likes this.
  16. BooksB4Coins

Unfortunately, I don't see anything noteworthy either. It may be best to avoid both the lower quality cents (earlier Zincolns) as well as those with rather mushy details (mid 70's and on), instead focusing on those from the 60's and earlier 70's. Identifying varieties is much easier imo.

17. Joy Matherne

Thank you

Stevearino likes this.
  18. Joy Matherne

The o one one looks funny

19. furryfrog02

Looks perfectly within norms to me. Keep looking and don't give up. You will find something cool eventually :)

20. enamel7

enamel7 Junior Member

I suggest you read up on the minting process. That will help you see the differences between varieties, errors and damage. Anytime you see something on a coin you need to ask yourself what could have caused it. If it looks like damage then it probably is. Doubled dies are just what they say, the doubling is on the die. Every coin produced by that die will have the same exact doubling. Machine doubling on the other hand is caused by die chatter on the strike or one die being loose and shifting on the strike. Md will take away from the design. Doubling on the die adds to the design. If you see doubling, visually remove the doubling and if it makes the design thinner, then it's md.

beef1020 likes this.
  21. thomas mozzillo

thomas mozzillo Well-Known Member

I admire your persistence. I have been looking at rolls of coins for years and other than a few RPM (repunched mint mark) coins, I've still not found a doubled die coin. Don't give up!

Stevearino and Joy Matherne like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted