1995 D LMC "extended letters"

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by bryantallard, Jun 4, 2020.

1. bryantallard

bryantallard show me the money....so i can look through it

is this a result of die deterioration? does it have a "'specific" name or classification. I try to save examples of non errors as references. thank you. Thu Jun 04 08-40-12.jpg Thu Jun 04 08-40-29.jpg Thu Jun 04 08-42-03.jpg Thu Jun 04 08-42-11.jpg

capthank likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. toned_morgan

toned_morgan Toning Lover

I don't really know what this is by. I'll just say it is from die deterioration again.

bryantallard likes this.
  4. GH#75

GH#75 Trying to get 8 hours of sleep in 4. . .

Can we see a bigger picture of the letters? Just want to see the whole letter and where this is happening.

bryantallard likes this.
  5. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

6. Evan Saltis

Evan Saltis OWNER - EBS Numis LLC Supporter

Worn die. Another sign of this is the ring just inside the rim that makes it look raised.

bryantallard likes this.
  7. bryantallard

bryantallard show me the money....so i can look through it

I was leaning towards that. I was thinking the ridge ring had something to do with it, but I thought I was reading somewhere on error-ref a while ago that it had a specific name?

8. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

It's zinc and it was struck by an old die.

9. Spark1951

Spark1951 Accomplishment, not Activity

Before joining CT I thought this was strike error...now I know better. As with MD you see a shift or wobble of the die. If the die shifted or wobbled during strike you would see the effects elsewhere on the coin. So thinking no shift or wobble, what remains possible is a worn die being used beyond its life-cycle...imho...Spark

Draft saved Draft deleted