1994 P quarter foreign planchet

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Avery G., Apr 21, 2019.

1. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

their job. And yes I also have a degree but I don't brag about it.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Avery G.

Avery G. Active Member

You are not the one being attacked. When you mention my teacher you are making it personal and my education comes into play. What do my teacher has do with coin collecting? You should know that being educated. Thanks

4. JCro57

JCro57 Making Errors Great Again

Avery,

What is your degree in?

What is your occupation?

What makes you uniquely qualified to say it is a foreign planchet?

If you care to brag about yourself, at least answer those 3 questions.

5. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

Avery,

As has been mentioned we stopped striking coins for other governments in 1984. But let's assume that an odd planchet from somewhere else did some how manage to get into the mint. What does the edge of your coin look like? Does it show the same "sandwich" type appearance as a normal quarter? If so we have a problem. There are only two countries that have used that composition, The US, and Panama. Panama used it because we were making their coins and we used regular US dime and quarter planchets to make them. (and that stopped in 1984 or earlier) So the ONLY country that uses coppernickel clad copper is the US. Does the edge of you coin show the clad layers?

6. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Ah, as opposed to comments like this:

Nope, nothing "personal" there.

Nothing, directly -- it ties in more to the "people skills" you mentioned earlier. I just figured from the nature of your replies here that you were more likely to be dealing with teachers and classmates than, say, co-workers.

I spent a few years teaching college undergrads. I learned a lot from the experience, but I never quite got the hang of giving up on the ones who don't want to learn. So, here we are.

7. Fred Weinberg

Fred Weinberg Well-Known Member

Dear Sir,

Your quarter is a normal clad issue, simply with
    a slightly different color due to toning or where
    it might have been in the past 25 years.

It is not struck on a foreign or unknown planchet.

It is a nice example of what circulation can do
    to clad coinage, as well as copper and nickel coinage.

8. Kasia

Kasia Got my learning hat on

^^ Now waiting fot the OP to come back with another

[​IMG]

Somehow, I see no mea culpa coming.

9. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

I went through some of the other threads from Mr Avery. It seems that he got a little out of hand with this thread and might want to back track some of his statements. Or, his past just doesn't reflect his loss of control. I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt. Maybe he doesn't believe anything we say, Who knows.
    Good luck to the OP and hope you find your way to the numismatic side.

Draft saved Draft deleted