1994 doubled die last 2 bays between columns

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Sheila Ruley, Jul 18, 2016.

1. Sheila Ruley

Sheila Ruley The short blonde girl

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Markus1959

Markus1959 Well-Known Member

Kinda looks like elongated plating blisters!

4. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

I don't think I have ever seen or heard of Doubled Die occurring between the bays.
    I say Plating issue also.

Markus1959 likes this.
  5. Sheila Ruley

image.jpeg
    CONECA, Potter and Wexler

medjoy likes this.
  6. Markus1959

I'll be darn - How can that be doubled die when their ain't no doubling??

7. Sheila Ruley

Also this book shows it. image.jpeg

paddyman98 likes this.
  8. Sheila Ruley

The extra columns are considered doubling

9. Markus1959

I'll be darn - seem's like they are running out of collectible Memorial varieties and are coming up with new ways to cause interest in searching cent rolls again! because of the crappy response to the shields cents - Darn I hate when I get 20 rolls of them - I don't even bother searching the Shield rolls, just pack them up and back to the bank they go!!

Sheila Ruley likes this.
  10. Sheila Ruley

I never look at the SHEILD coins. I can't stand them!! Lol, I love the Lincoln Memorial ones though.

Markus1959 likes this.
  11. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

I can't wait for Sheila's book.

Sheila Ruley likes this.
  12. jay4202472000

jay4202472000 Well-Known Member

Afraid not. This die was discovered 17 years ago in 1999. It's been a fairly sought after doubled die ever since.

http://koinpro.tripod.com/Articles/19941cV001.htm

jallengomez and Sheila Ruley like this.
  13. Sheila Ruley

Lol, maybe one day, just maybe.

14. Markus1959

Yes - but that is nothing close to what you have shown!
    PS - don't be afraid!!

jay4202472000 and Sheila Ruley like this.
  15. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

At the rate she's going, I fully expect one in the not so distant future. ;)

Congrats, Sheila, on another fantastic find, but even more so on knowing what you had before posting and sticking to your guns when questioned. You've really come a long way in a short period of time, and shown yourself to be an absolute asset to this hobby.

Sheila Ruley likes this.
  16. BooksB4Coins

What about the 09 Lincoln bicentennial types? Have you searched, or have any interest in searching them?

17. Sheila Ruley

Awe. Thank you!! I'm really trying. I usually don't question the opinions too much because I don't know a lot. But this time I really knew what I had. I have been trying to look these up as much as possible. My books only tell me so much. Often times, I have a hard time finding them online as well. So I often ask questions on here.

18. Sheila Ruley

I have not been too interested in those yet. But I'm not too sure what to look for on those. I would have to study that. But, so far I have not put any interest into that right now. I seem to really like the Lincoln Memorial's.

19. BooksB4Coins

No reason to thank me; you both earned and deserve it.

There's certainly nothing wrong with asking questions, but the fact you already knew what you had and didn't waiver is a big step imho; it shows you're growing confidence.

Unfortunately, books can only take one so far, but the internet is the real game changer due to the efforts of gentlemen like Mr. Wexler. The forums are great, and do take from then what you can, but trust your instincts and abilities; I have a feeling you're selling yourself short regarding how much you do know. With that said, the fact you do research on your own before asking the forum speaks volumes and is a big reason why you deserve the accolades.

As for the 09s, they indeed could be considered their own area of study, but if you like searching and identifying varieties, you might enjoy it.

20. Sheila Ruley

I love the fact that all you gentlemen are very knowledgeable about the coins. It really helps me to understand more about what I am doing and what I am looking for. Everyone on here is so great at helping. I really like the hard lessons that I learned from the members on here. I really like the straightforwardness. I don't like beating around the bush on things because I do not read between the lines very well. I would rather know the truth straight up rather than being confused.

paddyman98 likes this.
  21. tomfiggy

tomfiggy Well-Known Member

Excellent find Sheila. I still haven't found any doubled column DDR's. I'm not giving up looking though!

Sheila Ruley likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted