1994 double lip Washington quarter

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by tommy cent, Sep 27, 2016.

1. tommy cent

tommy cent Active Member

here is a doubled top lip Washington quarter I found a while
    Back. Thought I'd share it with the community.

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Rick Stachowski

Rick Stachowski Motor City Car Capital

Looks like a clash to me ....

4. tommy cent

tommy cent Active Member

This is not a clash.

5. Rick Stachowski

Rick Stachowski Motor City Car Capital

Grease die perhaps, looks like there's some peeling in the field .....

Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
  6. tommy cent

tommy cent Active Member

You can clearly see the 2 top lips are the Same. There's some damage to the coin but fare as a die grease and peeling no.

7. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

We actually can't see anything because you haven't provided any full coin shots. If you're going to act this definitive/defensive when people try to offer their opinions, you're likely to not get very many...

8. Get Real

Get Real Active Member

I know this will probably anger you as it would me, but my opinion is PMD. I am no expert on Quarter errors but the upper lip on a non-damaged coin does not follow the lines that is on your coin. It looks to me that the metal has been pushed out and down creating the assumed lips and the separation of the second mouth is not pronounced as it should be. JMO

Pic 1.jpg

9. tommy cent

tommy cent Active Member

I posted this to show you my find. Pmd no! Clash no! Die grease no! Double upper lip yes! Pmd is impossible just by the identical lips on the top. The picture can not get any clearer. There is damage to the coin but nothing that will make the exact top shape of the lip TWICE. I could careless if I get ANY OPINIONS. That has always been the norm for me on this site this is why I don't post here. I made an amazing finds that I've posted in this website 1 being a gold coin which I sold here on this site but told it was fake. Scroll down and read that post. Have a nice evening or day where ever your at.

justinberry likes this.
  10. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

You're right... sort of anyway. It's certainly not a clash or grease, but is DAMAGE regardless of if you like it or not. Contrary to your claims, the shape of the anomaly is far from "exact", and if you can set emotions aside for a moment, just long enough to take an objective look, I'm sure you'll see this fact. With all due respect, you may not care less if opinions are posted, but others couldn't care less what you want and are concerned only with correct and non-harmful information being posted. Get Real not only took the time to very politely try to help you, but also to post factual photos to back up his most respectful position. For this alone he deserves a little respect in return.

Seattlite86 likes this.
  11. Get Real

Get Real Active Member

Well based on what I see the two upper lips that you see don't match what was supposed to be there once, much less twice. It was just my opinion so please, enjoy your find!

12. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

Interesting but just damage to me.

13. Hommer

Hommer Curator of Semi Precious Coinage

Seeing as Ole George had wooden teeth, I'm going with termites.

14. SuperDave

SuperDave Free the Cartwheels!

So how does a "double" have a different contour than the original? I'm willing to learn, if you can explain that.

Seattlite86 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted