1993 P Roosevelt Dime, Possible Error?

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by AuntZilla, Aug 29, 2019.

1. AuntZilla

AuntZilla New Member

Hey there, I’m Kelly. I am extremely new to this, so be gentle. I’ve had an interest in coins since I was little when my great grandmother would yell at me to “quit meddlin’!” as I was playing in my great grandfathers closet. I only wanted to know what all these coins in this mason jar were, and why did he have them? Unfortunately, I lost most of them during Hurricane Harvey when our house received 6.5 feet of water. I gathered the ones I could find out of my front yard, which was covered with a jumbled mountain of memories. Not looking for sympathy, whatsoever, just clarifying that more than 75% of those incredible coins in that same mason jar are no longer with me.

Anywho, I came across one of those 2019-W quarters and thought “what’s with this W?!” Which, of course, brought out that curious child in me.

So, not here about the W Quarters, I’m here about a dime error. I don’t have a fancy magnifier, or a good camera, but I took pictures of this dime on three different backgrounds with the same light in each photo. Though some of them look like they were under different lighting, they weren’t. I have no idea what I did wrong in my little photo session, and I am going off of the little knowledge I’ve gathered while researching about coins (which isn’t much so I’m hoping you all can help me a little!)

But does this dime have a couple errors? ECABCD40-BFB3-4CF2-A5C2-DDA6A2DBADFC.jpeg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Welcome to CT. The W Quarters are something new from the Mint. Only 2 million of each design released in specific locations. Be sure to safe and protect it.

The dime is a MAD or misaligned die. The rim is thicker by LIBERTY and thinner directly across. The rest of the Dime is damaged. MAD's are nice to find but common. Without the damage it's worth about a Quarter, with the damage it's ten cents.

AuntZilla likes this.
  4. AuntZilla

AuntZilla New Member

Thanks for the reply!! I’m not worried about cashing in on the coins I have, I’m just really interested in learning! And as for the 2019-W’s, I have TWO! They’re both for American Memorial Park, but I have them in tiny ziplock bags (“borrowed” from my daughters crafts haha) in a jewelry drawer at the moment. I think I need to invest in something to put them in where they’re safe from scratches and such? I don’t know. But, I really appreciate your reply!

Collecting Nut likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted