1993 DD Reverse

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by William Sheldon, May 14, 2019.

1. Hi...back of coin has clear doubling in the monument to both the left and the right of the sitting Lincoln. Dont see this on Lincoln cents. Lmk what you think. Thx again

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Looks normal to me.

4. Razz

Razz Critical Thinker

What are the odds that you would pull 3 different dated cents from circulation that all have true doubled die errors? I mean just finding one discovery coin would be amazing; but 3? You have a better chance on the Powerball. Look up discovery coin. It is the very first coin attributed to an error. There are no known errors for those dates for doubling errors. Happy hunting and keep looking!

5. I hear what you are saying. But those coins do have some sort of error on them.

If you havent, pls look at the '89 coin I posted. Theres doubling on the letters and that 30 year old coin is in great condition. I found that roll hunting and within that roll there was a 1970's coin in extremely great shape I'm going to ship to pcgs to have it graded. I'm not home now to check the actual date. I go through tons of penny rolls, buy them singley/unrolled at gas stations out of "charity" cans at the register (bought 100 last night), ask for extra Penny's everywhere I buy something as well.

6. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

Keep us updated on the PCGS slabs. I'd be interested in the results.

7. Razz

Razz Critical Thinker

You are correct that coins have errors on them, but almost all of them relate to the process of minting that makes them one-of-a-kind and not even worth the time to take a picture and post. knowing the difference is the key, and I understand that is why you post them, but research a little into the minting process and errors/PMD and you will start to be able to pick out the ones that might be interesting to others.

8. Alright. Thx for the advice and I'll check that out. New varieties are found. I saw a post from someone that they keep all their '72 and '82 penny's due to this fact. One never knows when a new variety is found and that's why I post them. I've also seen info in regards to doubling within the monument so I'm always on the lookout for those. (Cited from: https://www.cointalk.com/threads/1993-dd-reverse.339024/)

9. coin roll

coin roll Active Member

Please point out on the pics where you think the doubling is.

10. enamel7

enamel7 Junior Member

I see what you're talking about. What you're seeing in the bays on either side of Lincoln are actually columns further back in the building.

11. enamel7

enamel7 Junior Member

Are you talking about directly on each side of him? If so then much better in focus pics are needed.

12. Spark1951

Spark1951 Accomplishment, not Activity

Yes...clear, in-focus close-ups need to be provided before help can be rendered...Spark

Draft saved Draft deleted