1993 D Lincoln penny

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Xdrkb39, Jul 21, 2017.

1. Xdrkb39

Xdrkb39 Member

could someone tell if they see RPM on MM and looks like something going on with the top part of 3 in date

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

I see what looks like a plating blister.

4. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Mintmarks were not punched in 1993 so it can't be a RPM
    Its Die Deterioration plating issue.
    I want to share this webpage with you - http://www.error-ref.com/zinc-deterioration-on-lincoln-cents/

1989 was the last year of the hand-punched mint-marks on US coins. Hand punching of mintmarks on proof dies ended in 1985. After that they started phasing them out on the business strike coins/denominations. They were completely switched over by 1990 and the cents were the last denomination to have punched mintmarks.

5. Xdrkb39

Xdrkb39 Member

I appreciate everything thank u I wS also wondering I posted a 1981 Lincoln penny I had a couple comments they thought it was a WDDR-001 was wondering if u seen it?

paddyman98 likes this.
  6. paddyman98

I did.. If I am not sure I won't comment ;)

7. Xdrkb39

Xdrkb39 Member

8. Xdrkb39

Xdrkb39 Member

Should I take it somewhere to be look at?

9. John naumann

John naumann New Member

Well I hate to burst your bubble because I have a 1993 with a rpm that looks like a street fight.

10. John naumann

John naumann New Member

I would be more than happy to show you...it stunned me when I saw it

11. paddyman98

Burst my bubble? :hilarious:
    Another newbie know it all?
    It takes a lot of expertise to burst my bubble buddy!
    Did you even understand what I explained?
    There are no RPM's for that year!
    Start your own separate thread! And you need pictures as proof! :facepalm:

Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
  12. John naumann

John naumann New Member

13. John naumann

John naumann New Member

Wasn't trying to be edited. I was just playing with your handle so to speak. Your prob right. Just a very strange mint mark. Its on You tube. if you see it, ?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2019
  14. paddyman98

That's cool. I was just kidding.. That's how I try to get newbies to actually show their stuff. Sorry if you didn't like my comment. Which YouTube channel?

15. Heavymetal

Heavymetal Well-Known Member

Hi John, welcome to CoinTalk. We do love pictures. Please post both sides and tell us what you see.

16. John naumann

John naumann New Member

John Naumann

17. Newbietoerrorscoins

Newbietoerrorscoins New Member

I a 1993 penny, unknown mint has and lettering all over it. To take good pics, but don't very good microscope. Does somebody know what is? Optimized-Optimized-CM191111-180256001_2.jpg

18. Newbietoerrorscoins

Newbietoerrorscoins New Member

Sorry for post, I sent it before I was. The marks in the outer edge are lettering send me a gold color I tried to show this in this pics but I couldn't get the right angle. Optimized-CM191111-180722002_2.jpg Optimized-CM191111-180412004.jpg

19. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

someone took a metal punch to that cent. It's obvious marks especially behind the neck.

ie, someone did that after it left the mint .. aka .. PMD

see this as reference .. https://www.cointalk.com/threads/post-your-pmd-post-mint-damage-coin.318993/#post-3119390

of course, every example is different and will look different depending upon who did it for how long, how much, etc etc etc.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
  20. paddyman98

Your Copper plated zinc cent is all damage. There are no mint errors at all anywhere. Learn what true mint errors are before assuming what it could be.
    It's a D mint mark. The mint mark had a plating bubble and now is suffering zinc rot.

21. paddyman98

Not exactly.. It's caused by environmental damage where the copper erodes and the inner zinc is exposed. I have found hundreds like the Cent in question metal detecting
    20190707_162330(1).jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted