1993 D Lincoln Head Penny

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by schizoman, Jan 9, 2011.

1. schizoman

schizoman New Member

I have a 1993 D Lincoln head penny. Next to Lincoln's face facing him is also stamped what appears to be JFK head. It appears to be original and fits perfectly on the coin. I don't know much about coins but this eems very unusual. Does anyone have any ideas?
    Thank you

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. vnickels

vnickels Matt Draiss Numismatics & Galleries

First off, Welcome to CT! Second off, it's junk that is worth something only as a curiosity. It has NO value. And is NOT rare. So I would keep it to enjoy or pay sales tax with it.

4. BadThad

BadThad Calibrated for Lincolns

Not exactly true, it's worth at least 1 cent and many that people collect counterstamps might pay a $1 or 2 for it.

5. schizoman

schizoman New Member

Thank you very much for your reply. The head of JFK looks exactly like that on a Kennedy dollar and it fits on the penny as if it should be there. Do you have an idea of how someone would be able to put this on this coin? Is this something that is done often?

6. Coinman1981

Coinman1981 Junior Member

Great advice, BadThad. In fact, these Lincoln-Kennedy pieces are one of the more popular counterstamp novelty items and definitely would attract plenty of buyers with a $1 or $2 price tag.

7. raider34

raider34 Active Member

It's done by striking the cent with a JFK stamp, they're pretty common. See here: lincoln kennedy penny items

8. terry ball

terry ball New Member

WHATS A 1993D PENNY&TOUCHING AM WORTH?

9. tomfiggy

tomfiggy Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted