1992 Philadephia Lincoln Penny AM CLOSE SCARCE only 2 excist !

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by yummy money, Feb 23, 2011.

1. bullnuke

bullnuke Junior Member

yummymoney your listing is incorrect. as I said before I also have a MS62RD example. If you had read the entire post you mentioned eariler in your topic you would know this. So fix your E-bay listing.

PCGS2.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. yummy money

yummy money New Member

2011_0417AUTOPICS0032.jpg 2011_0417AUTOPICS0032.jpg Sorry about that....my mistake, coin was suppose to start sunday night. I changed auction over
    and added new pics. PCGS site only listed 3 coins at the time with no MS grades when I searched.
    Same mistake happen when people tried to look at my coin and was not listed in NGC.
    Anyways everything fixed. Nice coin Nuke....

4. yummy money

yummy money New Member

by the way nuke...it blows my mind how your coin got a 62 Red
    your coin is beat around the edges....makes me feel as though we got a low grade.
    hate to say it but I'm honest. people can see my coin and see yours and see the difference.

5. yummy money

yummy money New Member

Update

Took new pics with Digital Camara.
    Much better huh ?
    fixed auction too....if anyone wants a link ask for it here.
    I price was purposely high to get serious offers and I do not
    expect for coin to sell for list price

Attached Files:

6. bullnuke

bullnuke Junior Member

I personally thought mine was a 58ish , Ken Potter though 58-62/3. Several blck spots concerned me but overall a nice coin with natural toning. PCGS does no conservation of the coins they slab, but they paid the ticket so I wasn't complaining. With spots and scratches on yours 62 is probably correct. You could always send it back for a regrade.

Kie

7. yummy money

yummy money New Member

auction is a success with 10 people watching it !
    I would like to see better up close pics of Bullnukes coin.
    I just find it weird it got a MS 62 red by PCGS yet has lots of rim & surface flaws compared to my coin.
    My coin looks more red in color too. either his coin got graded too high, or my coin got graded too low.

8. yummy money

yummy money New Member

I don't know Bull.....even if they cleaned your coin they can not fix rim wear. Your coin does look like a 58 Red.
    Seems like PCGS graded your coin higher than it was suppose to be.
    I'm looking at pics of your coin and mine....and mine looks cleaner with a full rim, better color also.
    What did Ken Potter have to do with your coin ? Did he grade it, help PCGS in getting it graded ?
    Do you still have your coin...if so, why did you not sell it ?

9. bullnuke

bullnuke Junior Member

Having the coin currently means more to me than having the money, I would rather have a complete set of WAM/CAMs. Ken Potter authenticated it for me. It was the second find.
    Kie

10. yummy money

yummy money New Member

yea I talked to ken and read his articles. My father is currently going through more coins in which I will post new threads here about.
    Anyways I did postan article regarding 1986 pennies. We had 2 rolls from 86 and cracked them.
    they look to be MS 65-70....they look like they were just Minted and look way better than the 1992 coin I have shown here.
    he bought them from a bank back in 1986....1986 P
    we have 100 of them.....and like 3 of them the back of the monument is rotated 25-40 degrees (rotated die)
    we dont know if there are worth more than regular pennies. I'm calling NGC Tuesday to get info on rotated dies and
    if they get marked graded rotated die.
    I can tell you we are sending in all 100 1986 P pennies to NGC within a month.
    The value on a MS 67 is anywhere from $300 - $600 we had a 2009 book that had them priced as high as $1,200
    So the price list varies by graders and price guides. PCGS had it at $600 for high MS.
    No Price for MS 69 or MS 70 since its scarce grade.
    I believe when I looked there was only 1 NGC MS 70 grade for the 1986 P penny under PCGS or NGC. I will look again later.
    I know some people doubt we will get high grades....but I've also heard our 1992 Close Am wasn't real either, and it was real.
    Our 1986 P pennies were just cracked out of the rolls...sitting for 25 years....we even had them looked at by a coin dealer
    and he said they will grade higher than MS 65 ..."so grade them all" ....you will come out with at least 1 MS 68 69 & 70 out of the 100 pennies sent in...or even better !
    The dealer couldn't believe how fresh and new the 1986 pennies looked but had no knowledge about the rotated dies.
    My fathers die & error book did not list Rotated Dies for 1986 Pennies...so we are just left with questions.
    I'm gonna take a close up pic of the 1986 pennies and post it here so you can see them.

11. Animosity

Animosity Member

MUCH Better on the pictures :)

12. ikandiggit

ikandiggit Currency Error Collector

:thumb:

13. Merc Crazy

Merc Crazy Bumbling numismatic fool

I wouldn't spend that kind of cash on those pictures, but that's just me, I suppose. I'm still advising him to send it off to Todd.

14. Animosity

Animosity Member

I wouldn't spend that much cash for any grade of the same coin, but that's just me.

15. yummy money

yummy money New Member

thanks Animosity....I first tried with Scanner....that was a horror show....Digital Cam way better !

16. yummy money

yummy money New Member

20 people watching now....if anyone wants a link for my coin sale... PM me

17. ikandiggit

ikandiggit Currency Error Collector

Any serious inquiries?

18. yummy money

yummy money New Member

2 offers which I turned down
    and a serious offer from a person who emailed me.
    I expect more offers by weeks end. Someone looking for one of these
    Will see it and make an offer.

I know 1 thing only 1 of these sold out of the 8 found
    I'm offering mine...so 6 people do not wanna sell and most likely collectors.
    So this is realistically someone's only chance for a while to get this coin in their collection.
    First one found in 2006 and it took until Jan 2010 for the 1st one to sell... 4 years.
    so obviously people are banking its gonna climb in price due to the fact
    its really a scarce coin and total mess-up at the mint.
    It was a total longshot my father found this coin. odds were in the millions.
    They made this coin at end of pressing.....they probably tested what 10,000 coins maybe less ?
    It was just a test run on a new penny...couldn't have been too hard to press some test pennies.
    besides they probably wanted to do it quick and efficently since they didn't wanna waste materials
    pressing a coin they never intended to release to the public.
    These coins get destroyed....and somehow 8 found in almost 20 years.
    if it was tested on a large amount of coins, more would have been found by now.
    Its actually one of the biggest mess ups at the mint.
    How many times did a coin get released into circulation that wasn't suppose too...that had a pop report of 20 or less coins found ?

19. Merc Crazy

The 1992's are relatively unknown. I have a feeling there's probably around 10k specimens in existence, minimum. They're just very diluted in a HUGE HUGE population of currently circulating cents.

20. yummy money

yummy money New Member

I'm gonna shoot that statement down by saying....if there was anything close to that amount made, more would have been found since there are
    like at least 1/2 million coin collectors out there who do nothing but go to banks for change to look for any errors...this is how most and new errors
    or variations are found. Also Collector's do this to complete coin sets or find silver etc.
    So therefore a huge portion of collector's know about this coin since they have a coin book & magnify glass...."duh" bi-winning, thanks Charlie.
    So more would have been found since collector's of coins know what they are looking for when they search for change.
    I think the real problem is the P Mint. I believe all these coins have been found in the northeast.
    I keep hearing Massachusetts & connecticut.

Anyways I just found this article below.
    There are no Mint records or reports indicating why any "1992-P" or "1992-D Close AM" Lincoln cents were produced.
    However, since there was a reverse design transition between 1992 and 1993,
    this is the most plausible cause. Therefore, the 1992 cents with a reverse
    of 1993 or the "1992" and "1992-D Close AM" cents are more than likely transitional coins as the
    new reverse design of 1993 was probably being used on a few 1992 and 1992-D cents as test strikes.
    Several "1992-D Close AM" Lincoln cents have sold in the past for a couple thousand dollars even in grades of AU.
    The current example of the "1992 Close AM" is at least ten times scarcer than the "1992-D Close AM" and would probably easily bring
    well over $5,000 and maybe up to $10,000.

21. Merc Crazy

I am entitled to my opinion and I am of the opinion that about 10k CAMs exist. I don't think there are half a million people out there searching cents every day or heck, every week. Theres been what? 4 or 5 found in the last year or so... they're out there and they're coming out of the woodwork slowly now that people know about them.

You can take your elitist attitude and shove it where the sun don't shine, buddy.

Draft saved Draft deleted