1992 Lincoln help DDR or md

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by shy, Sep 7, 2013.

1. shy

shy Member

I see what I believe to be machine doubling on the back in STATES OF AMERICA ..... But the left side of the building is doubled .... Is that considered machine doubling also ?
    The thing stumping me is the NT in cent it's a bit different in like a split to the right ..... It's the best photo I could get with this ipad . In reality it is way more pronounced ? Does this mean anything thank you image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. shy

shy Member

One more thing please
    I see quite a few pennies with the metal protruding through like in the photo of the Lincoln .... Where it says UNITED .... What is that about image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

4. shy

shy Member

So sorry they are multiplying ..... The photos .. I apologize

5. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

All I am seeing is some mechanical doubling. Not 100% sure where you are seeing the metal protruding.

6. kolyan760

kolyan760 Well-Known Member

garbage sorry for the language

7. shy

shy Member

I'm sorry above the TED in UNITED

8. shy

shy Member

Wow
    I don't think that was very nice..... Wth! Considering i have a 9 year son who is quite interested in coin collecting and has questions that mom can't answer , so we take photos , post questions to people who have knowledge , i assume they may enjoy sharing. That being said ... If you can't say something nice say nothing at all. Sorry for the language.... I prefer, my son doesn't get discouraged or lose interest because he's trying to understand and learn something he knows nothing about.

9. non_cents

non_cents Well-Known Member

I'm not seeing a doubled die. Have you read up on sites like coppercoins.com and doubleddie.com on how to differentiate between a true doubled die and other forms of doubling, it msy be of great use to bookmark some sites.

10. kolyan760

kolyan760 Well-Known Member

sorry again, nothing personal .
    from my experience coin collecting - american coins are way to pricy to collect especially high quality key dates , ( its not a colecting,its more like a bussiness now this days !)i would prefer my son to concentrate on world coins , tokens and medals . reason why ?
    world coins get a lot more popular (Russia , China ,Germany ,Latin America Canada etc) and prices raising sky high on key dates .
    imagine resale value in 4-5 years , for example Russian 1970 mint set cost 5 years ago 500-600$ , now 1500-1600$
    Buy him a world coin catalog there is much more to learn , beautiful designs , veritys, etc.

thanks , just saying my opinion

Draft saved Draft deleted