1992 Denver mint DOUBLE DIE obverse and ....

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Brittany Coe, Jul 21, 2018.

1. Brittany Coe

Brittany Coe Bstingbutterfly

This is a legit 1992d DDObverse AND DDReverse... Right?
    Picture_20183421093400.jpg Picture_20183221093255.jpg Picture_20183121093146.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

4. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

No true doubling that I can see.

Brittany Coe likes this.
  5. CoinBlazer

CoinBlazer Numismatic Enthusiast

Keep hunting!!!

Brittany Coe likes this.
  6. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Nope..
    DDD - Die Deterioration Doubling common on copper plated zinc cents

And.. The correct numismatic terminology is actually Doubled Die.. Not double die. Big difference.

Brittany Coe and Idries Pappas like this.
  7. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

Only to someone that has no idea of what they are talking about. There is no big difference. Both terms have the same meaning and you know it.

8. BooksB4Coins

As much as I believe folks should use proper terminology, I also have to agree unless the time is taken to explain the difference. Unfortunately lots of people don't care, but not doing so could be even more confusing for the few that do. Just my most humble and respectful opinion.

9. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

That's the deal. If you tell folks there is a big difference, you should explain that difference.

Brittany Coe likes this.
  10. BooksB4Coins

I keep trying to place myself into the shoes of others, and to try to see things from their perspective. In this case it's easy since I'm not sure what a "double die" even is. ;)

Brittany Coe likes this.
  11. Brittany Coe

Thank you!!!

12. paddyman98

IMHO.. There is a difference! I know that Doubled is correct and double is incorrect..
    Thanks for your opinion ;)
    Peace

13. Brittany Coe

Okay, so I went to the website for the link you posted, very helpful thank you! Would you mind looking at this screen shot of a DDR example the website shows, compared to the picture of the same area on my coin (my coin is the bottom picture) Screenshot_20180721-143843.png

14. Brittany Coe

Im terribly sorry that me leaving off one 'd' at the end of a word bothered you so much. I am new at this, anyone with even 1/4 of a brain would be able to tell.... Hence why I am here asking questions. DUH. ⬅️ Didn't forget that 'D' did I?? I appreciate the reply and correction.... The sinister sarcasm- not so much. It seems to me, as a newbie here, that a lot of the members who carry the SO CALLED SUPPORTER label have a very unnecessary rude way of
    showing support. Like you are trying to run people off. Just saying!! IMHO
    Peace

15. paddyman98

Me? Never! I am the nicest most sincere person you could ever meet! :happy:

16. Brittany Coe

Really??! Well you should practice that.. like a lot more. Oh and its SARCASM not SINCERE. There IS a big difference.

17. paddyman98

ok.. I will never ever respond to your threads again..
    Sorry.. Adios

18. paddyman98

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doubled_die

Quote - "Note that the proper terminology for this occurrence includes the letter 'd' at the end of the first word, hence "doubled die". The term "double die" without the first word ending in 'd' is not proper numismatic terminology" closed quote

Brittany Coe likes this.
  19. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

And you are too young to understand that both terms have the same meaning. Many of the most famous folks in this hobby use either term without a second thought, knowing that it is understood. Please stop pissing off new members over stupid stuff. They don't need for you to correct them when you don't understand.

20. paddyman98

Excuse me but I haven't pissed all of them off. The majority have thanked me for the correction and that's all I care about.
    I understand completely so I don't need to be corrected. Enough then.
    20180522_044741.jpg

Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
  21. Brittany Coe

I thanked you as well just asked for a little less of the sarcasm. That's all

paddyman98 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted