1992 D Double Die Date Penny

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by andy21us, Mar 8, 2005.

1. Akhmed23

Akhmed23 Junior Member

Hi, what you have here is not Plate Split Doubling. What you have here is Flat Field Strike Doubling. Difference is that Plate Split Doubling has raised edges like the way you push into clay to create an image. Your 1992-D looks like Strike Doubling but it is not. Strike Doubling letters and numbers are much smaller then Double Die because image literally gets ripped out of the coin via die strike. What you have is technically an error because it satisfies the PSD rule. This is an S error rule. Most people don't understand it; therefore, they don't collect it. There are some experts that actually collect this but it is a small population. I hope I have answered your question.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. louiehernandez

louiehernandez New Member

How's it going speedy I have an actual double die 92 cent and has doubling on the obverse and reverse, will post pics, but also couldn't find anything on it check out the pics do u think its worth getting graded?thanks.

4. wayne gergely

wayne gergely New Member

not sure what its worth but a 1992 D penny face struck only the back of penny is un-struck and un-coppered would like to know how much this penny is worth.

5. marty.chaous

marty.chaous New Member

Hello; I have a 92 D with close "AM", also the words "STATES OF AMERICA" , doubled as well as LIBERTY...this coin could be worth thousands. ..

6. tomfiggy

tomfiggy Well-Known Member

First of all there is no 1992 doubled die obverse known. There is a doubled die reverse affecting the word CENT with pics on the Coppercoins website. Split plate doubling is common on the reverse of millions of cents. The date of these coins has incuse die deterioration doubling in numbers not seen on many other dates.
    I would advise studying the doubled die pics on Coppercoins, and Wexler's die variety website. Almost all of the doubled dies known are featured. Of course that doesn't stop me from asking about bogus coins either.

7. marty.chaous

marty.chaous New Member

Hello; I have a 92 D with close "AM", also the words "STATES OF AMERICA" , doubled as well as LIBERTY...this coin could be worth thousands. ..

8. marty.chaous

marty.chaous New Member

9. marty.chaous

marty.chaous New Member

10. marty.chaous

marty.chaous New Member

11. marty.chaous

marty.chaous New Member

12. marty.chaous

marty.chaous New Member

13. l.cutler

l.cutler Member

Could be, can you post a picture?

14. marty.chaous

marty.chaous New Member

Is there a certified grader in the Mid -central near Mo.

15. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Start your own new unique thread under the Error Coins forum.. pictures also are needed for reference

16. Juventino valencia

Juventino valencia New Member

How much do you offer

17. Juventino valencia

Juventino valencia New Member

How much do you offer

Attached Files:

18. tomfiggy

tomfiggy Well-Known Member

One cent. You pay postage.

19. Quentyn Green

Quentyn Green Member