1992-D close AM penny-now what?

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by hyattbrittany, Feb 1, 2011.

1. tdec1000

tdec1000 Coin Rich, Money Poor :D

You can send it to me and I will send it off for you to PCGS personally. I have enough references on here if you are worried. I also sent you a pm with my contact information.

Tom

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. 10gary22

10gary22 Junior Member

PM me and I will walk you through the process. I just did a 1988 D RDV 006, it's not quite as easy as one would think for a non-dealer, but simple enough if you know the process.

gary

4. zekeguzz

zekeguzz lmc freak

I hope Hyattbrittany takes you up on or offer Gary. That dealer didn't sound like he was interested at all in helping. It only takes one bad experience to ruin a person's desire to continue coin collecting. Stay the course HB.

5. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

The problem with the dealer is that you are dealing with a variety. Most dealers unless they specialize in errors and varieties know very little about them. My guess is his confusion comes for the fact that most interest in the AM's is focused in the 98 - 00 coins. The wide AM business strikes are caused by being made using non-polished proof dies, and the Close AM's from that era are proof coins struck using polished business strike dies. So he associates valuable Close AM's with being proofs.

6. bobbeth87

bobbeth87 Coin Collector

Wow....Been looking for a while and have one 1998 WAM to show for it.....

You got the good one!

How many of these have been certified? just a few I believe....

7. tinytinkerbell

tinytinkerbell TinyTinkerbell

i have also found a 1992 D close am.. i joined PCGS membership and sent it off on 4/12 .. still waiting to find out how it graded. can't wait to get it back!!

8. tinytinkerbell

I was afraid to trust anyone with it so I paid the membership fee, joined and mailed it myself. I filled out the invoice slip wrong but Stephanie Diaz (from PCGS) emailed me and walked me through it.. she verified that it's a variety coin not an mint error coin. That little mistake could tie up your submission so be careful if anyone else finds one and sends it in themselves.

9. zekeguzz

zekeguzz lmc freak

You are not alone. I haven't found one since last year June. It seems that they have all been picked out, even the 2000's.
    I hope this means their value will be increasing in the coming years. Don't give, perseverance pays off, I know cause it works for me = 1999 MS65 red, WAM, ANACS. zeke

10. zekeguzz

zekeguzz lmc freak

That's great that you joined PCGS. They and the other two Third Party Graders are very nice and helpful to first and second submitters, aren't they? CONGRATS on the 1992-D cam. zeke

11. tinytinkerbell

Yes, they're awesome and very helpful.. I have mixed emotions on whether to keep it or sell it. Could seriously use the cash but holding onto it as an investment might be a far better choice. I have 4 free submission vouchers for joining. I'm thinking about having 4 1999 Pennsylvania Quarters graded from an unopened roll I have. Have you seen the MS grade value on them!... Can't use the vouchers on variety or mint error coins. So I have the choice of sending in a 1996 W dime or the Quarter. Which would you choose?? Thanks

12. zekeguzz

zekeguzz lmc freak

If I were you I'd wait awhile. Take your time. Who knows what will show up in your searches. You seem to have good
    karma.

13. bobbeth87

bobbeth87 Coin Collector

What is the population to these now? seems like it is going up quite a bit...

14. tinytinkerbell

I'm not sure. I did some research right before I sent it in and they still only state 15 worldwide. I guess they have to be slabbed and such to be counted. Mine's getting slabbed so that's at least 16 for sure. I hope whoever reads this and knows will post a link to the "new count"

15. seven hills

seven hills New Member

I have a shop in Lynchburg Va.....sent a 92 d close AM of 10 days ago....I'll be more than happy to send it off for you to NGC....Dave

16. BUncirculated

BUncirculated Well-Known Member

This thread is 2 years old, just saying.

non_cents likes this.
  17. Rare-Tim

Rare-Tim Active Member

what are wam's and cam's?

18. BUncirculated

BUncirculated Well-Known Member

WAM is a Wide AM in AMERICA and CAM is a CLOSE AM in AMERICA.

19. Rare-Tim

Rare-Tim Active Member

Thank you. I'm new to this. 4 days strong!

20. Rare-Tim

Rare-Tim Active Member

Found this in those 4 days.

Attached Files:

21. Rare-Tim

Rare-Tim Active Member

Here is a better angle. Would this be DDO#1?

Attached Files:

Draft saved Draft deleted