1992 D 1C DD Date error or not?

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by chucknthecountry, Jul 27, 2017.

1. chucknthecountry

chucknthecountry New Member

Ok I came across this coin and the date looks like maybe a die or planchette rotation! Anyone have any thoughts?

IMG_2170.JPG IMG_2169.JPG IMG_2162.JPG

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. steve.e

steve.e Cherry picker

DDD die deterioration doubling. Check the rev to see if it's a close am.

Tyler Graton likes this.
  4. chucknthecountry

View attachment 656483 View attachment 656483 I first thought the same but it's a wide AM . That's why I'm puzzled! If you look at the start of second 9 it almost looks like it when it was punched it rotated counter clockwise and upward.

5. chucknthecountry

6. chucknthecountry

When I pull it in closer I can actually see slide / groves where the die struck the copper plating . Steve I value your opinion as I'm new at this and if this is what a DDD looks like I'll know when I see it again. Thanks for your help!

Tyler Graton and steve.e like this.
  7. steve.e

steve.e Cherry picker

Sorry I didn't realize you were a new member.
    Welcome to cointalk!!! We see a lot mechanical and deterioration doubling here. It can easily be mistaken for a true doubled die. There are a lot of great websites,and books out there. Doubleddie.com, varietyvista.com, coppercoin.com. Check them out, and keep hunting! The goods will come. Good luck, happy hunting!!!!

8. chucknthecountry

Thanks again Steve..... this is getting fun!

9. Patrick O'Kane

Patrick O'Kane New Member

Hi
    I am Patrick,
    Also a new member to this wonderful forum as of tonight I am also a rookie collector at only {3Years}I just saw the 92 and the FG was not completely touching to make it a wide A M nor was it far away enough to make it a AM my question is what is the reason for this scenario Because I have seen both the am close & the am wide and neighter look like the 92 shown here. thanks to anyone in advance who might be able to shed some light on this very complicated matter. As quite a substantial number of other people Whom I know for a fact have been collecting for many decades,often have expressed the exact same option to me during many of our AM/A M, Wide/Close 1992,Linclon Cent Conversations.
    Regards Patrick.

chucknthecountry likes this.
  10. chucknthecountry

IMG_2199.JPG IMG_2198.JPG Found this 1995 DDO in a parking lot of all places! IMG_2195.JPG

11. steve.e

steve.e Cherry picker

Nice find man!!! How lucky is that? Wow just Wow.

12. steve.e

steve.e Cherry picker

That's better than finding a $20 bill any day!!!!

13. chucknthecountry

My payoff from having to work all day! $$$ its all about the find $$$ and I'm addicted big time!

steve.e likes this.
  14. chucknthecountry

Might just have to send this one in to be graded!

15. steve.e

steve.e Cherry picker

I think you will be upside down on this coin with grading fees. Even though your lucky self has nothing in it. It's your coin do as you please. Just saying you will be lucky to break even.

coinsareus10 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted