1992 CAM?

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Error66, Mar 27, 2015.

1. Jim M

Jim M Ride it like ya stole it

to the OP, We (CONECA) have a State Rep in Hawaii I am sure that Joe would take a look at your coin for you. Depending of course which rock you reside on. If you want his information let me know and I will send it to you. OR you can go to the CONECA website and email him from there. http://conecaonline.org/content/staterep.html

KurtS and Error66 like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Error66

Error66 Member

Thank You very, very much for sharing your knowledge with a newbie to this ingenious paradigm. I am humbled and grateful, and will follow your lead regarding the grading of my silly cent here in Hawaii. I live on Oahu, but am capable of traveling inter-island on occasion. Have a great day and I am in your debt. Aloha for now, Jim.

4. jallengomez

jallengomez Cessna 152 Jockey

Thanks for posting the photos. Can you take a photo of the reverse that's the same as the photos you took of the obverse? Your obverse photos are very clear, but the reverse photos are blurry. If you can get a reverse photo that's clear I can zoom in.

Error66 likes this.
  5. Error66

Error66 Member

Thank You Jallengomez! I will do so a.s.a.p.. ~Jim

6. Error66

Error66 Member

7. Error66

Error66 Member

8. Error66

Error66 Member

I hope that this photograph is sufficiently clear Sir... Thank You, Error 66

9. Error66

Error66 Member

O.K...Jallengomez Sir: After much trial in posting, I finally have the next shot of the reverse 1992 cent on thread. Would you be so kind as to look at it when you have a moment? With great thanks, Error66 (Jim)

10. KurtS

KurtS Die variety collector

That's certainly a Close AM reverse--and the grade looks nice too. Any pictures of the front? :)

11. Error66

Error66 Member

Thans KurtS. Yes. In my gallery I have two albums each with the same obverse and reverse cent. Please do check it out...and Thank You!

KurtS likes this.
  12. KurtS

I see that now--wow, it's in excellent condition too--very nice find! :D

Error66 likes this.
  13. Error66

Error66 Member

Thank You so much! What a thrilling morning in Waikiki. This is my first true coin of any consequence... if you are not pulling a belated April Fool's joke, that is. ...lol...As a newcomer to coin collecting, I wonder if I might please request your advice as to what my next move should be? Thank You so very, very much.
    Jim

14. KurtS

No joke. :) That is a (very) valuable coin, especially in that grade. So sit down before I tell you the prices realized in auction for AU-MS (uncirculated) examples. The prices vary by auction, but they are still amazing!
    AU58: $5640, MS64 $5140, MS65 from $13,512-$14,100.
    Your coin is easily worth several thousand dollars, if not more!

My advice: First--immediately put this coin in a safe holder like a mylar flip or airtite holder and keep in a safe place. Do not polish or clean the coin, it will lose value. In fact, I would be more than happy to send you a free airtite holder to protect your coin from moisture etc--which you have a lot of in Hawaii. Just PM me and I'll send it to you. :) Second: don't consider any low-ball offers by dealers to buy your coin. I'm sure some dealers out there will say "your coin isn't worth much...the most I'll pay is $100" or some such nonsense, simply to make a huge profit for themselves. Third: you should submit your coin to a TPG (grader) like PCGS. This will authenticate the coin and put it in a holder and protect it from the elements--and it will help in the value in case you ever sell. Third and again--hold off from selling, because this coin is valuable and the value will continue to climb.

DionHurst and 712 like this.
  15. Error66

Error66 Member

16. Error66

Error66 Member

Kurt,
    I have every intention of keeping this coin as a tribute to my new hobby and as a memory of the man who guided me towards success with a single U.S. cent witout asking for anything in return. I am terribly grateful to you for having taken the time to share your knowledge, your personal collection, and your learned advise with me.
    I will do precisely as you have suggested because you have been a truly superior man and
    teacher so far. I pray that our new friendship will continue as my collection increases over time. My only question is "How do I ship so valuable a coin to L.A. or N.Y. to be graded"? I am unable to travel due to a disability or the thought of hand carrying it to the West Coast would suit me just perfectly, holding the coin in the mylar flip (which I intend to purchase at the coin shop this morning) the entire way.
    I would appreciate knowing how I might expedite a more appropriate "Thank You" to you as well. I thank you from the bottom of my heart for educating me about my first entry into what will hopefully be a most valued future in the collection of rare and precious coins as well as offering your most generous and altruistic aide.
    In hopes of chatting again soon,
    Your Friend, Jim De Cheser

Last edited: Apr 2, 2015
    HunterOhlsen likes this.
  17. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Congrats!

pamckees and Error66 like this.
  18. KurtS

Jim, I'm happy you found my advice useful--that's all the thanks I really need. :) Good question about how you should ship the coin, as I'm not familiar with shipping valuable items from Hawai'i, but definitely taking the coin to a big show such as the Long Beach coin show in California, where you could hand the coin directly to PCGS, would be your safest bet. Perhaps other collectors here have some advice as well? Thanks for your email, but you might want to take that out so you don't get spammed. We can chat with each other here by simply clicking on my name under my avatar and selecting "start a conversation". Congrats on your find and talk to you soon!

Error66 likes this.
  19. furryfrog02

Jim - I'd consider removing your email from your previous post. FYI :)

Error66 likes this.
  20. Error66

Error66 Member

Thank You for that advice, gentlemen. It has been removed. Aloha Nui Loa, Jim.

21. furryfrog02

Wish I would have taken up coin collecting when I was living in Hawaii. Maybe that baby would be mine...oh well. :)

Error66 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted