1992 CAM?

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Error66, Mar 27, 2015.

1. Error66

Error66 Member

Hi! This is a new forum for me and I hope that your collective knowledge will help me out. I have discovered what appears to be a 1992 close AM cent with wide initials. It is in superior condition to my untrained eye, and I would like to know what my next move should be? To whom do I see about having it authenticated and graded and what should I expect this service to cost? Thanks so much for your aid, Error 66.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. jallengomez

jallengomez Cessna 152 Jockey

Welcome to CT! Can you post a photo of the coin?

Error66 likes this.
  4. Error66

Error66 Member

I will figure out a way to post a picture of the cent today. Thanks for your help!
    It is still rather early in the morning here in the Pacific... lol

5. HunterOhlsen

HunterOhlsen Active Member

I'm excited to see it. I love beautiful pennies. I have never sent anything in to get graded. I assume everyone on here is going to say PCGS or NGC, but I am curious to see which one people trust more. I am going to guess PCGS, and I will also guess around $20.00 for a slow easy grade.. But I honestly have no idea.

Error66 likes this.
  6. Error66

Error66 Member

Thank You! When the camera shop opens today, I intend to be there to have professional close up pictures of the coin's attributes. I will post this afternoon, P.S.T.. ~ Error 66

tommyc03 likes this.
  7. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

I'll throw my hat into the ring. Why not? I'd like to see pictures of a real 92 CAM finally...:smuggrin:

Error66 likes this.
  8. coinman1234

coinman1234 Not a Well-Known Member

Photos are the only way to tell.

Error66 likes this.
  9. SunriseCoins

SunriseCoins Active Member

Send all Errors and Variety Cents to PCGS never use the NGC they are a big joke.

NGC,In Slabs 70 Grade:
    Hairs
    Fibers
    Dried up Spit
    Bad Placement of Paper
    Sideways Coins
    Bits of Paper
    69 Grades

If you have a 1992 D CAM I want to see it,what state are you from?

712 and Error66 like this.
  10. Error66

Error66 Member

I am from N.J., but live in Hawaii now. I receive boxes
    of pennies from my bank a couple of times a week or whenever able to get out. I am a disabled man, and leaving the bedroom is in itself a task. Hence, I have yet to get pictures of this cent. Thank You for your learned advice! ~ Error66

11. furryfrog02

Do you have a digital camera or a camera on your phone?

Error66 likes this.
  12. Error66

Error66 Member

I have attempted to utilize both a digital camera and my iPhine, but the photographs are terribly blurry. I think that I will have to wait to get the coin to a professional. That is, unless, you have another idea Sir.

13. KurtS

KurtS Die variety collector

I just think pictures are necessary to even begin a conversation on this coin. :)

Error66 likes this.
  14. jallengomez

jallengomez Cessna 152 Jockey

There should be a macro setting on that Iphone that will allow a decent enough picture. Really all we need is a clear shot of the entire reverse. We don't really need closeups of anything.

Error66 likes this.
  15. furryfrog02

What he said :) I'm sure an iphone should be able to get clear enough pictures for us to make a determination. I'd hate for you to spend $$ on pictures for it to be a regular 92.

Error66 likes this.
  16. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

Are the A and M touching?

Error66 likes this.
  17. Error66

Error66 Member

I post
    ed the best photographs that I could take with my little Fuji camera. Is the picture sufficient to make a determination as to it's validity as a CAM or shall I go back to the bank and continue to search through pennies? Any reply is appreciated greatly. Thanks to All!

18. Error66

Error66 Member

It appears to my aging eyes (even with a magnifying lens) that the A and M are touching. Does anyone else see the same? Thank You for your replies.

19. Error66

Error66 Member

I think I've got it posted currently. Will you please offer your opinion ?

20. Error66

Error66 Member

Thank You very much for your interest in my silly cent (compared to the truly serious collector's coins shared within this forum). I can only aspire to one day be as knowledgeable as some of the members within this paradigm. Are you possibly able to tell me whether I should bother sending this 1992 D CAM (?) to be graded?
    Thanks so much for your polite reply. Aloha, Error66.

21. Error66

Error66 Member

I agree entirely, and have therefore posted the expected photographs in hopes that your learned group may find it slightly interesting. It is my very beginning into the world of coin collecting, and I appreciate greatly any input. Aloha for now, Error66 (Jim).

Draft saved Draft deleted