1992-2000 Silver Proof Sets

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by crazyd, Mar 13, 2021.

1. crazyd

crazyd Well-Known Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. manny9655

manny9655 Well-Known Member

That price is a bit steep...around $1000 would be more like it IMHO. But remember also, that the Mint issued different types of silver proof sets, regular and Premier. There are also other types of proof sets... The 2012 14-piece silver proof set is around $200.

4. crazyd

crazyd Well-Known Member

So in that complete set (maybe worth 1000 total) - there is one all by itself worth $200?

5. manny9655

manny9655 Well-Known Member

IF it's the 14-piece set. IF. Most of the rest are around $40-$50

crazyd likes this.
  6. crazyd

crazyd Well-Known Member

Not sure about the set on ebay but I checked and my set does include the 14 piece 2012. However no premier sets.

7. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

A seller can ask any price he/she wants. That doesn't mean it will sell for that amount.

Evan Saltis likes this.
  8. crazyd

crazyd Well-Known Member

Of course. Just trying to get a feel for what a price range would be if I walked into a dealer and was looking to sell/trade my 1992-2019 (with 14 piece 2012) set to get some fractional gold. If you folks say $1000 or even $1200 is reasonable then if I am offered low ball I can respectfully decline.

9. cpm9ball

I'd be curious to know what your local B&M would offer you, too! I'd really be surprised if his offer would be anywhere close to that amount.

crazyd likes this.
  10. crazyd

crazyd Well-Known Member

Yes thats my concern as well. I would love to say "This whole set for... a 1/2 oz gold eagle ?"

11. cpm9ball

Hell no! Tell him you want a 1oz gold eagle. After he stops laughing, tell him to make you an offer.

JPD3, Evan Saltis and crazyd like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted