1991D lincoln cent

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by macdaddy76442, May 1, 2016.

1. macdaddy76442

macdaddy76442 Member

found this roll hunting,,,,, anyone tell me is this misaligned die or off center ,, and which is more value,,, im new at coin collecting and i want yalls true opinions and advice. thx

got the best pics i could till i learn how to take better,,, but the obverse you can tell something,, on reverse the rim is heavy at the top and gets more narrow and off at the bottom

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ken454

ken454 Well-Known Member

IMO, maybe slightly MAD but within tolerance, not a keeper..

4. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

It's worth 1c.

Chris

5. Rick Stachowski

Rick Stachowski Motor City Car Capital

Obverse has a " Collar Clash " ...
    But so many do ....

paddyman98 likes this.
  6. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Yes to Misaligned Die Strike on the Obverse. If the Reverse is centered then that would be the best evidence. It's actually calked a Double Rim effect.

7. paddyman98

I believe Collar Clash is the term for reeded coins. On Cents it would be called Double Rim.

Rick Stachowski likes this.
  8. Rick Stachowski

Rick Stachowski Motor City Car Capital

Smooth rim on Lincolns, sound right ..
    Reeded rim, collar clash ....

All sounds great to me ....

paddyman98 likes this.
  9. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

None of these things you guys are finding with these 10X loupes and worse yet digital microscopes are worth any * thing except in very, very, very, exceedingly rare, I mean it, I mean it, I mean it, I mean it, exceptional cases, probably 99.99% of the time. And, now that I think of it, really think it over, the percentage is probably even higher than that.

*edited language

Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2016
    bdunnse likes this.
  10. paddyman98

What the?
    What is your reasoning for your post? This is simply a Misaligned Die Strike that doesn't even need 10x magnification. Your post might be correct for tiny Die Chips but not for this minor common error.

11. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

I like this place but I have to say sometimes I think it resembles an insane asylum. Then again all you need to start an asylum is an empty room and the right kind of people.

12. Stoneman2

Stoneman2 New Member

Collecting coins began for me when I was so young that I barely remember my great uncle giving me a worn almost smooth Barber Quarter.
    Were I to post a coin like that on most any site it would be regarded as slightly interesting, if that. The value of that coin had to be measured in a different way because it started more than 50 years of enjoying coins.
    Coins like the OP's are common enough but there is always a chance that errors or varieties of this caliber can have a much more important value.

13. SuperDave

SuperDave Free the Cartwheels!

Well, you gotta fill the silence with something. :p

Draft saved Draft deleted