1991 P Kennedy Half Grade??

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by heuvy31, Feb 20, 2013.

1. heuvy31

heuvy31 Active Member

I was wondering what grade you all would give this coin. Thank you for your input.

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Heated Lime

Heated Lime Member

PL65-66????

Not to good at grading but thats just my guess

4. heuvy31

heuvy31 Active Member

Thanks Lime, I'm definitely not good at grading Kennedy's. I forgot about the proof like part as well so I'm glad you mentioned it.

5. cladking

cladking Coin Collector

I got a gut feeling it's only MS-64 but might go PL even at PCGS.

6. John Anthony

John Anthony Ultracrepidarian

Has PCGS designated any Kennedys PL? I'm not saying they haven't, but I've never seen one. I've seen a few from NGC. I give that coin a 65.

7. BUncirculated

BUncirculated Well-Known Member

Looking through PCGS' pop report I don't see any with a PL or DMPL designation.

http://www.pcgs.com/pop/detail.aspx?c=125

8. heuvy31

heuvy31 Active Member

Thanks for the input so far everyone I really appreciate it. A couple more questions I have, if a coin is given a PL grade does that have any effect on the value? BUncirculated, I want to make sure I'm reading the chart right that you posted, is it saying that if this coin is MS64 it is worth around $45 and in MS65 would be around $89?

Lastly, a question unrelated to this specific coin, I found two 2012 D's in a box the other day, do any of you keep them because of the low mintage and fact that they are NIFC?

Thanks again everyone.

9. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

Heuvy31
    Pcgs is Very picky on any Kennedy 1964-today.
    Ngc it may graded MS-65+*/66, Plus grading cost a bit more.

10. heuvy31

heuvy31 Active Member

Thanks Jello, I appreciate it

11. JAS0N888

JAS0N888 Member

looks MS64, no PL designation to me.

12. John Anthony

The PCGS price list is overinflated, at least for mid-grade coins. I've bought most of the Kennedys in my registry set far below PCGS list. Attractively-toned coins, on the other hand, will easily sell for much more than the PCGS guide prices, as well as low pop top grades, especially in the 70s and 80s.

I'd keep the 12 Ds. Why not? As they're NIFC and low mintage, they're definitely worth more than face.

13. BigTee44

BigTee44 Well-Known Member

14. John Anthony

Not intended for circulation.

Draft saved Draft deleted